We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place to Stay. Help!!

Which Fairbanks hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Southern California
Place to Stay. Help!!

I will be in Fairbanks in June of this year. Soon, I know! I have been all over these forms and I have been turned off by places with glowing reviews and nothing past 5 stars. I need advise on where to stay from real people who have been there before. I am considering the following: Moose in the Garden, Taste of Alaska, Cloudberry. Minnie street is booked.

Thanks so much!!!

K-rat

1. Re: Place to Stay. Help!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:26 pm, April 30, 2013
MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
reviews: 24
2. Re: Place to Stay. Help!!

By Marriott do you mean the SpringHill Suites by Marriott? I am not aware of any other Marriott properties in Fairbanks.

John

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
reviews: 35
3. Re: Place to Stay. Help!!

I am sure John - yes, Springhill is the only Marriot property in Fairbanks. I would have listed my favorite hotels, but the question was regarding the B&B's, which I haven't stayed at. Hopefully, someone who has stayed at a few of these B&B's will respond. If not, I would be happy to share my favorite hotels! :)

Fairbanks, Alaska
reviews: 1
4. Re: Place to Stay. Help!!

Moose in the Garden or Taste of Alaska are you two best choices. Nothing at all wrong with Cloudberry, just not as nice location/views. Minnie St. is a totally different animal, located right in town, right up against a very busy street. Taste of Alaska is on Chena Hot Springs Road so you will already be part of the way to the hot springs, which are 60 miles east of town. So if you will have a car, choose one of the first two and enjoy.

Alexandria, Virginia
reviews: 8
5. Re: Place to Stay. Help!!

We stayed at the Grand View Bed & Breakfast a few miles outside of town on Ridge Pointe Drive. The owners were very nice and helped out a lot in telling us about the area and giving us tips on places to visit. Also, their breakfasts each morning were fantastic and you can use the kitchen facilites too if you want to cook. One night we bought some steak and king crab from the market and made ourselves a great meal!

http://www.grandview-bb.com/

Edgar

Bham
6. Re: Place to Stay. Help!!

I have been staying at the Holiday Inn Express for the last three nights and it is great! The hotel is brand new, they opened last summer. The manager, Mark, is very accommodating and friendly. You may see a review about not enough hangers. Here's the trick, if you need something, just ask! I am going to be staying here for two weeks and I was able to get plenty of hangers just by asking. The breakfast is more than your typical continental breakfast. They have hot cinnamon rolls, biscuits & gravy, eggs, milk, yogurt, fruit, assorted breads/muffins, juices, and coffee. Overall the hotel exceeded my expectations and I would recommend it to anyone needing to stay in Fairbanks.

Fairbanks, Alaska
reviews: 1
7. Re: Place to Stay. Help!!

That's nice to hear Kelly. Thanks.

USA
8. Re: Place to Stay. Help!!

I travel to Fairbanks alot for business and have stayed at many of the places listed here trying to find one that is truly warm and friendly. They have all been nice, but the one I will go back to again and again, is Dale and Jo View Suites. They are everything that their reviews say they are and so much more. If what your looking for is a 5 star accomadation, then this is place for you as well.

9. Re: Place to Stay. Help!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:22 am, November 29, 2009