We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NWA vs. Alaska Air ?

Which Fairbanks hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Indiana
reviews: 9
NWA vs. Alaska Air ?

Hello:

My husband will start a new jon on the Alaskan pipeline in March. What is the best sirline and airline program? From our area in Indiana NWA and Alaska Air seem to be the ones we can use. A majopr hub for Alaskan Air is Chicago. Is Chicago hard to connect thru as I have heard? Any info. is appreciated. Thank you Deb-Indiana

Harrisburg...
reviews: 1
1. Re: NWA vs. Alaska Air ?

Personally, I would go with Alaskan Air. Join their FF program, apply for a credit card and get 20,000 miles when approved. That enough for 1 ticket already. Both of you apply seperately and then that's 2 tickets. They also give you a $50 companion ticket upon approval and then one each year you have the card.

As far as NWA, they are a skymiles partner (also Delta and Continental) so you can have those miles go into your Alaskan account when you buy your ticket or at the gate when checking in. It sometimes becomes a "job" to get flights using miles from my NWA account.

As far as Chicago being hard to connect thru? Just one heck of a busy airport that has LOTS of weather related delays. Spring is fog and rain, summer is thunderstorm and wind, fall has fog and rain, and lastly winter's ice and snow. But they do have some good places to eat and get chair massages. LOL!

MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
reviews: 24
2. Re: NWA vs. Alaska Air ?

Someone a lot like you just asked this same question on Flyertalk where there were very good answers.

flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=776409

Indiana
reviews: 9
3. Re: NWA vs. Alaska Air ?

I am a flytalk girl too. My favorite is TA for sure. Can't beat the folks on TA. Just about every trip I have made has been in conjunction with a thumbs up or thumbs down from TA. Thanks everyone, Deb-Indiana

Fairbanks, Alaska
reviews: 35
4. Re: NWA vs. Alaska Air ?

Living in Fairbanks, I concur with "iwant2go" post. Cannot beat AK Air plan. I fly free everywhere or for cheap with them.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
reviews: 35
5. Re: NWA vs. Alaska Air ?

I also think Ak Air has a better reputation that NWA. :)

Michigan
Destination Expert
for Alaska
reviews: 108
6. Re: NWA vs. Alaska Air ?

I have no experience with Alaska Air, but do with NWA. I can only say that if you go with Alaska Air, do try to avoid connecting through Chicago.

7. Re: NWA vs. Alaska Air ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, September 17, 2009