We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dulles to Fredricksburg, VA

Which Fredericksburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sackets Harbor, New...
Dulles to Fredricksburg, VA

Hi. I am flying from Syracuse to Dulles and need to get to Fredericksburg to visit ailing parent. Is there any public transportation available? I tried flying into DC and taking the train to Fredricksburg but no flights available. Thanks for any suggestions!

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
reviews: 31
1. Re: Dulles to Fredricksburg, VA

There is public transit from Dulles into downtown D.C., but it takes awhile. Go to the Washington, D.C. forum and you'll see a post in the "top questions" box about how to get from Dulles into D.C. using public transit. From there you can take the train to Fredricksburg. If you time the trains right, best case I think it would be about 2.5 or 3 hours from Dulles to Fredricksburg via that route.

You should strongly consider renting a car and driving. That is the best all-around option balancing cost, time, and convenience.

central virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
reviews: 14
2. Re: Dulles to Fredricksburg, VA

Agree with warthog. If you hit it right, driving will take less time. It's about 60-70 miles away.

Here's a long way:

Click on the "regional map" tab and it'll show you $145 to Fredericksburg, although double check because it's not on the list below on this page:

http://www.washfly.com/Taxi_rate.htm

They might also take you to a metro that would help.

Sackets Harbor, New...
3. Re: Dulles to Fredricksburg, VA

Thank you for the info! I may have to think about renting and driving.

Fredericksburg, Va
Destination Expert
for Fredericksburg
reviews: 121
4. Re: Dulles to Fredricksburg, VA

Hello. Driving time depends on what time of day you will leave Dulles. If its' before 2:00PM, it should take about 1.5 hours. If you get caught in rush hour on a weekday, it could easily take 2-3 hours. If you do decide to drive, come back and we can give you directions that will make it easier for you. Have you looked into flying into Richmond and renting a car? Much nicer. Hope this helps, and enjoy.

5. Re: Dulles to Fredricksburg, VA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 pm, March 31, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Fredericksburg