We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The best movie going experience ever!

Which Fredericksburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia
reviews: 97
The best movie going experience ever!

The best movie going experience ever! But it's so much more! PV12 also includes a very well appointed bowling alley and adjoining restaurant, that is clearly for families, friends, singles... everyone. Plus, there is an outdoor eating area. My husband and I were avoiding traffic on Route 95 so we stopped by to kill time, so we had a very serendipitous experience. We went expecting a typical movie theater setup, and was astounded to find they had a special section called the Chatterbox. (Note: they additionally have regular theaters with regular seating) The Chatterbox is an upstairs area that includes a very well appointed lounge that offers food and drink that you can consume in the lounge or have delivered to the balcony section of the theater! The Chatterbox does have a dress code that is typical of what one might encounter at a club (i.e., no cutoffs, t-shirts, etc). Probably because they are attempting to maintain an upscale feel, but the Chatterbox section is definitely not standard for a movie house, but again... this is not a typical movie house.

Con: The only con was that the Chatterbox has 3 theaters, which were all showing the same movie. It would be nice if they had 3 different movies.

We ordered two dishes of sushi, California Roll and a tuna roll to be delivered to the theater. The California roll was okay, but the tuna roll was fantastic. I got an Appletini, which was just okay, but my husband raved about his Margarita. It is unfortunate that we don't live in Fredericksburg, because this would definitely be our "go to" theater.

Tip: Go early to enjoy your food in the lounge and maybe take a drink into the theater. We got our food in the theater and made noise opening containers and the theater was dark so it was difficult to see what we were eating.

PV12 is a must do experience.

s

virginia beach, va
reviews: 72
1. Re: The best movie going experience ever!

I can't tell by your profile what city in Virginia you are from but I see you like the beach. IF you are ever in Virginia Beach/Chesapeake/Hampton area - give the Cinema Cafe a try. There are 4 local venues and each has multiple connected theaters, each with a different movie, and the comfy swivel chairs and good food you enjoyed in Fredricksburg. They may not be as fancy as the one you visited but they are really enjoyable and reasonably priced (the movie tickets) since they count on making $$ by serving you food and beverage. You can check them out at www.cinema-cafe.com if you are interested.

Virginia
reviews: 97
2. Re: The best movie going experience ever!

Thanks. I am in the Washington DC area, but occassionally travel to Virginia Beach. Will definitely visit when I'm there.

central virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
reviews: 14
3. Re: The best movie going experience ever!

Haven't been yet but family had a great time at Beach Movie Bistro in VB:

www.facebook.com/Beachmoviebistro?ref=stream

4. Re: The best movie going experience ever!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 pm, January 13, 2014