We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hows the Midtown area for staying instead HD

Which Savannah hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
PA
reviews: 1
Hows the Midtown area for staying instead HD

Needs advise was going to do priceline for the Midtown area is this far from the HD? Don't want to spend the price of the hotels in HD we have a car so we don't mind driving downtown and parking. Or is the a closer area I should be looking at? looking to spend no more then 100 a night we leave May 2nd any suggestions would be great Thanks

reviews: 9
1. Re: Hows the Midtown area for staying instead HD

I stay in midtown and they have great prices with free hotel parking. If you stay in the HD you still have to pay for parking at the hotel that you already paid to stay at. Parking garages in the HD are cheap and not hard to find. If you stay in midtown do not stay at the Hilton garden inn. Parking lot sucks big time and its under construction. And for distance get a hotel on abercorn st it gives u a straight shot into the hd . Its about a 7 min drive on average. Well worth price difference and parking costs in my opinion

Savannah,GA
reviews: 58
2. Re: Hows the Midtown area for staying instead HD

15 minute drive to downtown, real easy. Plenty of parking garages. Parking on the street can be a pain. Many types of meters with different time limits. The best is 2 hours. From midtown take Abercorn to Victory Dr. Left at the light then the 1st right onto Drayton St go all the way (2 miles ) to 1 block N of Broughton, Congress St & go right, then right into the parking garage. Laquinta starts at $69.00. There are several more in the area

Wilkesboro, North...
reviews: 91
3. Re: Hows the Midtown area for staying instead HD

If you're spending at least 8 hours in the HD, you probably should purchase a day or 2 day pass for parking in one of the city parking garages. They are $7 for 24 hours or $12 for 48 hours. I have done this several times and even do this so I don't have to pay for hotel parking when I've stayed in hotels in the historic district. I love staying in the HD and being able to walk everywhere. I understand everyone has a budget though and you're visiting Savannah during peak rates.

cincinnati,ohio
reviews: 87
4. Re: Hows the Midtown area for staying instead HD

I am staying mid town at Oglethorpe Inn! My guide book picked it for their favorite bargin! it is only 70 a night aaa and free parking and breakfast and its right off the highway.

Belleville, Michigan
reviews: 44
5. Re: Hows the Midtown area for staying instead HD

We just spent 5 nights at La Quinta ( next door to Denny's) on Abercorn. We've stayed there many times. We've also stayed in the HD and pefer midtown. The place was recently renovated, so that's a plus. I hope you enjoy your stay in Savannah as much as we did.

Huntsville, Alabama
6. Re: Hows the Midtown area for staying instead HD

The rates in midtown are are lot lower than the historic district, especially during peak months. I have stayed at the Hampton Inn midtown several times. Free parking, and it's a fairly new property. Only a few minutes to downtown.

atlanta ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
reviews: 12
7. Re: Hows the Midtown area for staying instead HD

Bid 4 star on priceline and you will get the Westin in HD. I would start the bid at 80 this time of year. There really isnt a problem to driving into the HD, except finding parking, and paying for parking, which can eat up any savings you found in hotels. I prefer to stay at the ocean in HHI and drive into Savannah for a day trip, but we have stayed at hotels out at Abercorn and I-75 area to save money in off-peak times.

8. Re: Hows the Midtown area for staying instead HD

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, April 20, 2014