We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner attire

Which Savannah hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
reviews: 16
Dinner attire

is Savannah a dressy town or more casual? what is the attire for places like old pink house and sapphire grill for dinner?

Savannah,GA
reviews: 66
1. Re: Dinner attire

More casual.

Boston
reviews: 24
2. Re: Dinner attire

I've been to Pink House and most people were in "nice" clothes, basically not jeans and tees. But I don't thing anyone (could be wrong) requires ties for men or dresses for women.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
reviews: 60
3. Re: Dinner attire

Savannah is mostly casual. You will see business people, older men and couples celebrating special occasions dressed up in suits, jackets, etc. but most of the folks are visitors to the city and dressed accordingly. Jeans are worn by everyone everywhere - but personally I'd dress up a bit more than a Tshirt in the nicer restaurants. Meeting coordinators often suggest "smart casual" as appropriate attire for certain events and I think that's a good description of what I'd wear at a nicer restaurant in the evening. Lunch can be a lot more casual. You WILL see folks in shorts/tshirts/jeans out at nice in nicer restaurants, but that's a bit too casual.

chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
reviews: 16
4. Re: Dinner attire

Thank you...helpful in our packing plans

5. Re: Dinner attire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 21, 2014