We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mosquitoes

Which Savannah hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
U.K
reviews: 79
Mosquitoes

Hi

We will be there in a weeks time,how are the bugs

Any recommendations for a good repellant ?

Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
1. Re: Mosquitoes

The bugs will still be there. Get something with DEET, at least 10%, unless you prefer organic alternatives

Asheville, North...
reviews: 88
2. Re: Mosquitoes

apply the repellant before dusk and at night in particular.. then no worries

Indiana
reviews: 24
3. Re: Mosquitoes

We purchased OFF Deep Woods Sportsmen Dry Formula Spray in a small can, about 4oz. I think. Worked very well for us and was not oily and had almost no odor at all. Got it at our local Wal Mart but I think it is available many other places.

Sprayed a little on before we started walking and were never bothered by the bugs. 25% Deet I think so it does the job.

Savannah, Ga
4. Re: Mosquitoes

You may be one of the lucky people....bugs don't like everyone!! so, don't fret about it yet.

The spray on Deet seems to be a good choice. Men that play golf, swear by the use of those sweet smelling dryer sheets like Bounce. They just rub one up and down the arms or tuck one into the band on thier caps.

U.K
5. Re: Mosquitoes

Thanks everybody for the advice the reason for asking is that bugs seem to think I'm some kind of a banquet!!

I thought better to be safe than sorry

Thanks again

6. Re: Mosquitoes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 pm, December 14, 2013