We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rock n Roll Marathon 11/3

Which Savannah hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Alex, VA
Rock n Roll Marathon 11/3

Headed down here for the race on 11/3 and looking for a couple suggestions.

We will arrive in town around noon on Friday and need to head to the convention center to pick up our stuff. Any suggestions for a nice casual lunch in the area?

We plane to head out on the town after the race Saturday night for dinner and then hit a couple different bars. We are in our mid-30's/early 40's. Not looking for anything fancy.

Wilkesboro, North...
reviews: 93
1. Re: Rock n Roll Marathon 11/3

Due to the limited access to Hutchison Island, vehicular traffic will be limited on Friday. Expo attendees will be asked to park in the downtown area and take the provided shuttle or ferry to the expo.

There's plenty of places to eat in the historic district or downtown area but I'm sure most everything will be crowded because of the race and that's the reason I hesitate to suggest anything as I'm not one for lines and long wait times. I'm afraid that will be the case of most everything I would recommend. River, Bay & Broughton Streets have all kinds of restaurants along with restaurants in City Market.

Smooth Cyber Cafe on Bull Street is excellent for sandwiches, salads, smoothies, etc. Other places are Kayak Cafe on Broughton and Zunzi's is a great take out place where you could easily grab and go and eat in one of Savannah's many squares. Both of these places will most likely have lines but I would hope they will move fast as I'm sure they will be well prepared for the crowds.

Google River Street, Savannah and look at restaurants located on River Street. You can do the same thing for City Market and Broughton Street.

www.savannahmenu.com is a great website to look at menus. Make sure you click on the historic district area.

Good Luck and have fun.

2. Re: Rock n Roll Marathon 11/3

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, December 15, 2013