We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In Savannah for 2 days

Which Savannah hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
South Florida
reviews: 2
In Savannah for 2 days

My husband and I are passing through Georgia and are planning to stay in Savannah for a couple of days. We have always wanted to visit ever since seeing the movie filmed there in the gardens.... I have looked into the Kehoe house to stay, is it in a good location for tourists? We want to go get the best of Savannah while we are there. I heard the restaurant Jean Louis is the place to go for a nice dinner? I'm also looking for some authentic southern cooking (fried chicken, cornbread, etc) where can we find that?

Thanks!!

Savannah
reviews: 10
1. Re: In Savannah for 2 days

If you're interested in the "the book," Hamilton-Turner Inn mansion had a role in the story. Chef John from Jean Louise was formerly Donald Trump's personal chef so his dinners are wonderful, but I think he has had health problems. You will want to call ahead for reservations. Actually, reservations are a must for that restaurant, Garibaldi's or the Pink House, all upscale, in demand dining. Saffire Grill and Gottlieb's are two more fine upscale choices. For fried chicken and cornbread you will want Lady & Son or Mrs. Wilkes but both have long lines unless you eat early or late. Late at Mrs. Wilkes can sometimes means they have run out of food. The Savannah Tea Room on Broughton Street offers a wonderfully peaceful haven of scones, clotten cream, wonderful sandwiches and atmosphere. SoHo is a hip, transformer garage cafe on Liberty Street. If you are in town on a Thursday, Friday or Saturday and you're up for a authentic low country BBQ, collard greens, and the most fabulous sour cream pound cake go to Walls on York Street Lane. Wonderfully rustic, old fashion flair. A fast southern buffet with ample parking is at the Pirates House on East Broad Street. The key is to "walk Savannah" to feel the wonder of the city's old-meets-new spirit.

South Florida
reviews: 2
2. Re: In Savannah for 2 days

Thanks so much for the information. That is definitely helpful....I am going to check out all those places. We are both excited to be going this summer and don't want to miss a thing while we are there!