We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plantation inn

Which Savannah hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol
reviews: 4
Plantation inn

Hello again!

I reconsidered my hotel & was thinking of the plantation inn.

Is this a nice hotel? Is it near to the main area? I have checked their website & it looks good, any suggestions for websites to get a cheaper price than quoted on the website?

Thanks in advance to anyone kind enough to reply

Savannah, Georgia
reviews: 1
1. Re: Plantation inn

Do you mean Planters, not Plantation, Inn? It is in a much better location. I don't know how it is because I have never been in it, but it is really a much better location for seeing the Historic District.

Savannah, GA
reviews: 28
2. Re: Plantation inn

The Planters Inn is a beautiful hotel in a great location. One of our finest restaurants is right across the street. Parking is going to be your biggest problem.

By the way, The Planters Inn is haunted.

They say when you stay in a haunted hotel "double occupancy" takes on a whole new meaning.

Enjoy Savannah.

Savannah, Georgia
3. Re: Plantation inn

Aww! If you are ghost-shy, don't worry. Savannah is supposed to be the Most Haunted City in the US. However, lived here all my life and have yet to meet someone that actually had problems with them. We have more problems with the live homeless than we do with the dead ones.

We are just nice friendly people, regardless of our state of being. We actually have Ghost Tours!! Since you come from the UK, I am sure that you are familar with the more common forms of spookdom.

Savannah, GA
4. Re: Plantation inn

Aileen679: How do you define "problems with them".

I have given over 500 ghost tours in the historic district and have seen, heard and been witness to some stange occurences including the story of a "visit" that took place in a room on the 3rd floor of The Planters Inn.

My experiences have taught me to never mock the spirit world!

Just kidding.

By the way Reynolds Square (in front of The Planters Inn) is considered to be the most haunted square in Savannah. Something about burining bodies ravaged by yellow fever where John Wesley's statue stands today.

Bla bla bla I am sure there is nothing to it.

Or is there?

Take a photo of John Wesley's statue and let me know what develops.

Savannah, Georgia
5. Re: Plantation inn

Well, now Explore, ....seeing ghosts, being around ghosts, watching ghosts......all those sorts of things can't really be considered "problems"....right? Right!!

Off hand, I can't think of any sort of "problem" one might have with ghosts except for having things moved around or lost. Living in a house full of kids will cause the same amount of aggrevation. Only difference is that we hope that the kids grow up and move away. We're sort of stuck with our ghosts.

Bristol
6. Re: Plantation inn

So explore, which is your finest restaurant? Seems like the olde pink is good? Thats near the planters inn isn't it?

You so haven't spooked me with your ghost stories!

Thanks for replying

Savannah, GA
7. Re: Plantation inn

You are correct poppy399, the restaurant I was referring to is the Old Pink House which.........is also haunted (but only in the winter months). Hey, I don't make this stuff up.

So poppy399, I have not spooked you with my stories? Seeing is believing - that is why my tours are 90 minutes long. Coupons available. (per the legal dept: the previous statement is not to be construed as an endosement or advertisment.)

By the way, why don't you ask the locals visiting the board what was the last movie shown at the nearby Lucas Theatre before they closed it back in 1973? The answer just might give you a chill.

There are freaky, weird things going on in Reynolds Square. I would be sure to pack a travel rosary.

This board needs spellcheck. It has taken me 20 minutes to write this.

Bristol
8. Re: Plantation inn

Hey explore,

You make me chuckle!

Thanks for typing for 20 mins to reply to me, bless you...

Do you know if the olde pink house has a website? Had a look but can't find one? Other than planters inn what other hotels would you recommend in the same area?

Agree about the smell cjeek!

Savannah, GA
9. Re: Plantation inn

Poppy399, I see you cleverly changed the topic when things got a little too scary for you. I see my story about the haunted Planters Inn now has you looking at different lodging.

My two favorite hotels are in the same area as the Planters Inn. The Hampton Inn is less than 2 years old, nice decor with a wonderfully attentive staff. Can get a little busy with bus tours.

My other favorite is the Mulberry Inn which is a Holiday Inn property. A little quieter than the Hampton. Beautiful lobby and great staff. Piano bar in the lobby.

Both offer a parking garage but parking on East Bay Street is only $3 all day and the river side of Bay is well shaded. Save some bucks for dinner (or a tour). Look for the 10 hour zones on East Bay Street.

B. Matthews Bakery is on East Bay and Habersham streets and is great spot for breakfast and lunch. it is a short walk from any of the 3 hotels.

I called the Olde Pink House and asked for a web address a while back and was told they do not have one. I seached for their sister restraunts, Bistro Savannah and Garibaldi's with no luck. You can not go wrong with any of the 3.

Plenty of reviews on the two hotels and OPH.

Final note to Poppy399, neither the Hampton nor the Mulberry are haunted. A fact that should let you breathe a little easier while in my city.

Clearwater
reviews: 53
10. Re: Plantation inn

Garibaldi's is always a winner as is The Chart House, with a nice view of the river if you eat on the deck. Il Pasticcio is also consistently good.