We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best hotel with free shuttle to BWI?

Which Baltimore hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Amish country
reviews: 1
Best hotel with free shuttle to BWI?

With FourPoints by Sheraton not available for my next stay before an early morning flight, what are the best options for a hotel with an airport shuttle?

Columbia, Maryland
reviews: 18
1. Re: Best hotel with free shuttle to BWI?

Candlewood Suites in Linthicum Heights. Free shuttles daily.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
reviews: 39
2. Re: Best hotel with free shuttle to BWI?

I am guessing Melissa works there. If so, please don't self promote and if not accept my apology. Any of the airport hotels have free shuttles. None of the city hotels do.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
reviews: 48
3. Re: Best hotel with free shuttle to BWI?

It depends what you mean by "best". Are you looking for a full-service hotel? Then I'd look at Marriott, Hilton, and Westin for starters, they all have BWI locations.

But there are probably 15-20 other hotel chain properties within a few miles of the airport that have shuttles if you're not looking for a full-service property with a restaurant on site and all the amenities.

Amish country
reviews: 1
4. Re: Best hotel with free shuttle to BWI?

I'm looking for a hotel that is clean and reasonably affordable (no more than $125/night). No need for room service and not likely to need a restaurant inside the hotel itself.

Concord, California
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
reviews: 110
5. Re: Best hotel with free shuttle to BWI?

I answered your question on the other thread (about the Four Points closing). I stay at BWI airport hotels regularly and have for years.

How do you make your reservations? I always use Hotwire. Over the years, I've stayed at a dozen BWI hotels and almost all of them have airport shuttles. I tend to travel cheap(ly) so the ones I've used recently are Aloft, Holiday Inn, Microtel, La Quinta Glen Burnie, etc. If I was making reservations based on your needs, I'd skip those last two (not so reliable, shuttle-wise). I've also stayed at the Sheraton and Westin (the nice ones next to each other). Their shuttles were very reliable. Also, the Hilton shares a shuttle with Aloft but I stayed at Aloft as it was cheaper. These hotels are generally in Linthicum Heights, to the north of the airport.

With your budget (which is way above mine), you shouldn't have any trouble. Do be aware though that some of those shuttles don't run 24 hrs a day, but you didn't say when your flight was. To ensure a reliable, round-the-clock shuttle, it's best to book a hotel in a category which would attract flight crews as those hotels will have shuttles designed to get the crews to the airport reliably at any hour.

Start with the Holiday Inn and the Aloft (3-star, with very good shuttles) and branch out from there (not the Aloft next to Arundel Mills ---- it has a shuttle but it's further to the airport).

Good luck.

6. Re: Best hotel with free shuttle to BWI?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, November 06, 2014