We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BWI Super Shuttle is super unreliable!

Which Baltimore hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne Beach...
BWI Super Shuttle is super unreliable!

I booked my daughter on a round trip super shuttle from her house to BWI. It was 45 minutes late to pick her up but since there is only a 15 minute pickup window, she had to sit on the curb for 45 minutes waiting for them. When they did show up, the van was in bad condition. It smelled really bad. The other passenger actually missed her flight because she didn't get into the security line in time due to the late pickup. Going back home, her plane landed at 10:30pm and she called super shuttle right away but didn't get picked up until midnight. Then the van waited almost another hour with her in it. She got home at 1:30am. I was a nervous wreck! Why do they even bother asking for arrival flight and time? It's not like they are going to be there waiting for their passengers. I will NEVER use them again.... it's too bad. The one in Los Angeles works really well.

maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
reviews: 10
1. Re: BWI Super Shuttle is super unreliable!

I am not a big fan of Super Shuttle and never use. Sorry your daughter had such a bad experience.

Martinez, California
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
reviews: 88
2. Re: BWI Super Shuttle is super unreliable!

We don't use Super Shuttle (if you're talking about the blue vans) in our local area. They don't seem to offer consistent customer service. I've heard that in other areas also, not just Baltimore.

Several years ago, we did a lot of research and found some better locally-owned transportation vans to our airports and I'm sure there must be some of those in the BWI area also. I always stay in hotels so use the hotel shuttles.

Sorry your daughter had a bad experience but I'm sure there must be other van services, as there are in all large cities, so maybe your negative experience will alert people to do additional research to find something more locally-owned. Super Shuttle is all over the country and it appears (from your story and others) that its service can be very inconsistent from market to market. None of us want to be stranded and miss flights and such things so thanks for the alert.

Maybe some of the locals have had a better experience with a different company? If so, I hope they chime in.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
reviews: 59
3. Re: BWI Super Shuttle is super unreliable!

*sigh* This topic comes up every now and again in Baltimore. Super Shuttle Sux. That should be a separate topic on this forum. Sorry for your loss. Lesson learned.

4. Re: BWI Super Shuttle is super unreliable!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 13, 2014