We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The 8 x 10

Which Baltimore hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
reviews: 5
The 8 x 10

Hi all - I'm part of a group coming to Baltimore for a couple days mid August. Was there 10 years ago, but only for an Orioles game - spending two and a half days this time, so looking forward to seeing some of the city!

Anyway, this trip it's Orioles on Friday night, and some of us are looking for some live music on Saturday night. Looks like an interesting show at The 8 x 10 on East Cross St. We are staying at the Renaissance Harborplace on E Pratt (thank you Priceline). Is that walkable late night, post show?

Thanks for your help.

6 replies to this topic
Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
reviews: 49
1. Re: The 8 x 10

Sure, can't imagine you'd have any problems. Federal Hill will be packed with people on a Friday, and you'll be walking along major streets to get back to your hotel. It's probably close to a mile.

Martinez, California
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
reviews: 93
2. Re: The 8 x 10

I've done that walk by myself a number of times in the daytime and am "semi-mobility- impaired" (have to go slow, due to respiratory and knee issues) so as long as you are in a group of people who are not drunk and who like to walk and you pay attention to your surroundings, it should be a nice walk back to your hotel along the street and then brick walkway around the Inner Harbor, if you are taking that route.

Toronto, Canada
3. Re: The 8 x 10

Thanks for the comments. Looking forward to visiting !

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
reviews: 59
4. Re: The 8 x 10

The walk is fine. You can take the free Charm City Circulator down to Cross St. if you want. It won't be running by the time you get out but it's a free ride down Light St and just a few blocks walk down Cross St. 8x10 is an awesome little concert venue. Great set up there. It can get kinda crazy with drunken party kids stumbling along Cross St at night though but it's not violent. Just irresponsible.

Toronto, Canada
5. Re: The 8 x 10

Hey all,

Just wanted to pass along that we were charmed by Charm City on our roadtrip. O's beat the A's in a thriller on the Friday night - great game, great crowd, great time. Wound up passing on the 8 x 10 the next day. Insead opted for a late evening meal at Ciao Bella in Little Italy (accomodated our group of 9 with ease), followed by some live music at the Cat's Eye - really fun night. Also found Lenny's Deli for a good, fast, cheap breakfast (one of my travel must haves). Hope to visit again.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
reviews: 59
6. Re: The 8 x 10

Oh cool. You found the Cat's Eye. Good call.

Reply to: The 8 x 10
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted