We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants and fun spots to hit?

Which Baltimore hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Restaurants and fun spots to hit?

We're getting psyched for our second trip to the Preakness! Made a couple of wrong moves on restaurants last year, so I am researching more this time. Recommendations for seafood places, bars, brunch in Fells Point? Please, god, no chain restaurants (I really wasn't expecting that when I first saw Inner Harbor last year). We're a 30 yo couple, fun, planning on bar hopping a bit.

We might get an Orioles game in as well. Any food recommendations over there?

Thanks!

Maryland, USA
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
reviews: 12
1. Re: Restaurants and fun spots to hit?

Thames Street Oyster House is one of my faves. Pretty much any place in Fells, just pop into some places. I also like Riptide on the Bay and Duda's.

Before/after the O's game, check out Alewife, Pickles Pub, Corner Bistro. Federal Hill isn't too far either and there are tons of places there too.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
reviews: 40
2. Re: Restaurants and fun spots to hit?

Federal Hill, Canton and Fell's Point are the areas to hit. Waterfront Hotel has a good brunch (not an all you can eat type place at all). Hard to get a bad crabcake. searching for places in fells point is easy. almost everyplace has website. ask about what looks interesting. There are so many good restaurants, I don't have too much time to get back to places again because want to go to the next one that I have not been.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
reviews: 15
3. Re: Restaurants and fun spots to hit?

Agree with above, fells point is definitely the best for bar hopping. My favorite spots for food in that neighborhood are (casual) thames street oyster house, one eyed mikes, slainte, and ze mean bean which is a little off the main dreag... the best fancier restaurants are Black Olive and Mezze.

There's also some good restaurants in the Canton Square, Mamas on the Halfshell is always on the top of my list. The food is amazing and it's so unique to this area.

Cross Street Market is a good spot to grab some big beers and crab cakes before the game. The crab cakes aren't as good as Lexington Market, but it's in a much nicer neighborhood.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
reviews: 12
4. Re: Restaurants and fun spots to hit?

Better restaurants head also to Harbor East- sits between Inner Harbor and Fells Point. Upscale and casual both- Chaz, and Cinghiale I like alot.

Boston...
5. Re: Restaurants and fun spots to hit?

Thanks, friends! We did enjoy Fells Point last year, so the plan is to allow more time for bar hopping.

What's your Little Italy recommendation? As I review menus, they are starting to look alike (and, probably are). Who's got the best homemade pasta?

Baltimore
reviews: 200
6. Re: Restaurants and fun spots to hit?

Amicci's is on most local's favorites list for Little Italy restaurants.

If I may ask, what "wrong moves" did you make regarding restaurants last year?

Boston...
7. Re: Restaurants and fun spots to hit?

Well, we just didn't plan, ended up tired and hungry after walking too much, it was getting late and we just picked the next place we found. Upon finally reaching Fells Point on the last day of our vacation, we found so many other places that would have been better choices.

We went to Amicci's last year and unfortunately didn't like it at all. How are La Tavolo or Ciao Bella?

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
reviews: 15
8. Re: Restaurants and fun spots to hit?

little italy - chiapparelli's is great and not too expensive... for fancier i love da mimmo and aldos...

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
reviews: 40
9. Re: Restaurants and fun spots to hit?

Germano's for Northern Italian.

Baltimore, MD
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
reviews: 43
10. Re: Restaurants and fun spots to hit?

Bond Street Social has a nice brunch in Fells Point.

Did you walk around the Inner Harbor East? (between the Inner Harbor and Fells Point, south of Litlle Italy) Cinghaile is an excelllent Italian restaurant, second choice would be Vino Rosa; Bagby Pizza Company and Chazz have great pizza