We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Area around Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel

Which Baltimore hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Frisco, TX
reviews: 26
Area around Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel

My wife is coming in to town next weekend for a conference and has heard this is not a very good neioghbor hood around this hotel, to be out and about at night time.. Any local experts have any views or comments?

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
reviews: 49
1. Re: Area around Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel

The hotel is in the heart of the Inner Harbor. What specific plans does your wife have? The hotel is across the street from "tourist central', the Inner Harbor area with tons of restaurants and attractions...and tons of people walking around until late visiting the restaurants.

The hotel sits on Pratt Street. One of the busiest cross-town roads in Baltimore, jammed with traffic probably 18 hours a day.

I can't imagine why anyone would say this area is unsafe. Baltimore has plenty of sketchy areas. This isn't one of them.

Of course this is assuming your wife is not going to decide to take a solo walk through the business area at 1:00 in the morning or something. :)

Frisco, TX
reviews: 26
2. Re: Area around Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel

Thanks, that is what I wanted to hear, and no she won't be out carousing at 1 am, or at least I hope not! Thanks IrishFan!!!!

Columbia, Maryland
reviews: 66
3. Re: Area around Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel

As IrishFan said, that hotel is right in the heart of the Inner Harbor, which is very touristy. It's not far from other tourist-friendly areas (Little Italy and Fells Point), which are a few blocks away. I'd stay within those areas if you don't know the area well.

Just use common sense and be aware of your surroundings.

4. Re: Area around Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, December 09, 2013