We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

G & M crab cakes?

Which Baltimore hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Disney World
G & M crab cakes?

Will probably be heading to G&Ms later this week. I understand that this is a pretty good local choice close to the airport.

So, honestly, how are these crab cakes???

This is not something I typically order. First, I'm always hesitant and usually pass unless I am in MD. Second reason...when I see these on the menu I always fear they will be all filler and/or have an overwhleming mustard or mayo taste (which are condiments I avoid like the plague).

Since I'll actually be in MD again I'd like to order some. Can I have peace that they'll be good or will I hate the way they are prepared?

Also, sounds like this is walk in only? Or do they take reservations?

Baltimore, MD
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
reviews: 35
1. Re: G & M crab cakes?

G & M is the place closest to the airport to go for crab cakes. I've lived in MD all my life and they are up to my standards. Broiled is the way to order them IMO. Here is the website. www.gandmrestaurant.com

Everything you've always wanted to know about crabcakes (and maybe some more) is in this City Paper article along with some crab cake ratings (including G & M) at the end of the article.

www.citypaper.com/news/story.asp?id=15410

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Annapolis
reviews: 11
2. Re: G & M crab cakes?

G&M crabcakes are very good, with very little filler. In fact, I would not go G&M unless it was to get the crabcakes (or other crab stuffed items which are similar in style to the crab cakkes). I would be surprised if you regreted ordering them.

However, with that said, it is not really crab season in Maryland so the crabmeat itself will not be good as other times during the year. Just a bit of disclaimer more than a discouragement.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
reviews: 13
3. Re: G & M crab cakes?

"However, with that said, it is not really crab season in Maryland so the crabmeat itself will not be good as other times during the year."

It is worth noting from the City Paper article cited that G&M confirmed that they use imported crab. Not local blue crab, and not even blue crab from the southern U.S.

By using imported Asian swimming crab, the taste at G&M should be consistent 365 days a year. And it is, in our experience.

headingsouth
reviews: 195
4. Re: G & M crab cakes?

The crabcakes are very good. This would be my first reccomendation for Baltimore crabcakes. I keep trying to make them like they do and have not been able to. There is always tomorrow.

Baltimore, MD
reviews: 23
5. Re: G & M crab cakes?

We were just there on Saturday. 15 of us ordered crab cakes, either dinners or sandwiches. Not a bad one in the bunch!

Enjoy!!

F&F

baltimore
reviews: 286
6. Re: G & M crab cakes?

We were just there last Sunday. Walked right in and was seated. Ordered crab cake sandwiches with fries, they came out within 5 mins. Great service, large crab cakes that are the best in the area. That's the only thing we order when we go there. You can get it shipped to you or take out service available.

Michigan
reviews: 4
7. Re: G & M crab cakes?

DH and I just returned from Baltimore on Thursday. This was the first place we went with son. The parking situation was horrible but the crabcakes are delicious.

Reading...
reviews: 11
8. Re: G & M crab cakes?

Thanks for suggesting G&M!! Went there Easter Sunday around 12 noon and had the best crabcakes we've ever eaten in a restaurant . . . our homemade crabcakes are still the best! We are not familiar with the area but we went scouting the area for a possible upcoming relocation of a family member. Had never heard of G&M but thanks to this great forum found out about this great restaurant. Also went to the inner harbor for the afternoon and went to the aquarium . . . afterwards went to McCormick and Schmicks, again due to many recommendations on this forum . . . another great choice! Thanks to all!!!!!

9. Re: G & M crab cakes?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 pm, October 22, 2009