We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inner Harbor side visit.

Which Baltimore hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Easton, Pa.
reviews: 8
Inner Harbor side visit.

Hi,

We will be staying at Hendersons Wharf 4-27 - 4-30. Want to take a 1/2 day trip to Annapolis on one of those days. Anyone recommend a direct route from Inner Harbor to downtown Annapolis ?

Does anyone know if you are still allowed to visit the Naval Aacademy or did 9-11 do away with visiting privileges ?

Thanks for your help.

Annapolis
Destination Expert
for Annapolis
reviews: 4
1. Re: Inner Harbor side visit.

THe most direct route would be by water, and there are big boats that do this day trip from baltimore. I'm not sure whether they run in April or not, but it is a fun way to arrive in Anapolis. There is no real simple way to get to Annapolis by car. If you have a car, you can exit Baltimore via either 295 South or 95 South. Either of these will take you to the Beltway (I-695). Exit onto I-695 - the sign will either say 695 South or 695 East. You do not want to go North or West. Then, exit onto 97 South toward Annapolis. This is a left exit - The two left lanes will put you on 97 South. 97 South will eventually merge with Route 50 in the Annapolis Area. You can exit at Rowe Boulevard - this is marked for the Historic District. Or you can continue on Route 50 across the SEvern River, take the first exit - bear right on 450. After you crest the hill at the WW memorial, the severn river and the Naval Academy will come into view. Cross the river and turn left at the second light. This takes you into Annapolis 'the back way" avoiding all the traffic circles and stop lights. You will arrive at the main gate of the Naval Academy. Turn right, and in three blocks, you are at Market Place, and Ego Alley.

The Naval academy is still open to the public, but you must have a valid driver's license/photo id.

Easton, Pa.
2. Re: Inner Harbor side visit.

Thanks creekdweller,

You answered all my questions. 20 years ago I covered the Maryland area as a field salesman and always loved the area. I'm sure a lot has changed.

Is Riordans restaurant still down in the corner of the circle in Annapolis. I remember they did a an absolutely incredible crab cake sandwich ..

Thanks for your help.

Annapolis
Destination Expert
for Annapolis
reviews: 4
3. Re: Inner Harbor side visit.

I hate to admit this, but all the downtown, ego alley restaurants are a blur to me - Now, I know I have eaten at Riordan's, but whether it is still there - I honestly don't know. There's always a good meal to be had at just about all of them. (except Phillips, IMO - which has taken over the second floor restaurant at the water - I think it used to be Harbor House?) Hope you enjoy your visit.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
reviews: 49
4. Re: Inner Harbor side visit.

"Is Riordans restaurant still down in the corner of the circle in Annapolis"

sorry, Riordan's closed down last summer...

Maryland
reviews: 3
5. Re: Inner Harbor side visit.

try "Federal House" or "Buddy's Crab House" for seafood and "Pusser's Landing" for a good steak. All are in the circle.

Easton, Pa.
6. Re: Inner Harbor side visit.

If I remember correctly Buddy's was around the corner and up on the 2nd floor. How about McGarveys ? Seems to me that it was a couple doors up from Riordans.

7. Re: Inner Harbor side visit.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 pm, September 24, 2009