We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Recommendations? - visit in December

Which Baltimore hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
reviews: 112
Restaurant Recommendations? - visit in December

Hello everyone. I'll be visiting Baltimore after living away for more than 5 years. And I'll be bringing my Texan husband with me. He's a big fan of fine cuisine and I thought I'd treat him to a nice dinner.

I have fond memories of Tio Pepe and was considering taking him there. However some of the sour reviews here have me reconsidering. Are they still as good as I remember or should I look elsewhere?

Where do you recommend I take him? He also loves a good well-prepared steak, as well as Italian, Greek, Spanish, German and Polish food. He's not a huge fan of seafood. And he only likes certain French foods.

Any recommendations would be appreciated. I've been away for too long to know where the good restaurants are. :-/

Thanks in advance!

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
reviews: 12
1. Re: Restaurant Recommendations? - visit in December

I like Kali's Court- Mediterranian and Sotto Sopra- Italian. Tio Pepe's has lost some of it's shine for sure. It is a institution that still brings in it's faithful fans. If you loved it before- give it a visit.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
reviews: 48
2. Re: Restaurant Recommendations? - visit in December

"Tio Pepe". There's only one of them. Sorry, Anga, I just get a kick out of habit people have of adding an "s" to anything ending in a vowel lol.

I go to Tio Pepe a couple of times a year and have always enjoyed it, it really depends on whether you're looking for something more cutting edge versus very much "old school" where I would put Tio Pepe.

Baltimore, MD
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
reviews: 43
3. Re: Restaurant Recommendations? - visit in December

Favorite special occasion restaurant- Charleston's. The chef, Cindy Wolf has just opened a new Italian place called Cinghiale which is getting excellent reviews although I haven't had the opportunity to eat there yet. I also like Sotto Sopra for Italian. Do you want to stay downtown?

Baltimore
reviews: 224
4. Re: Restaurant Recommendations? - visit in December

If you want a Baltimore institution with well-prepared steak, perhaps The Prime Rib?

Texas
reviews: 112
5. Re: Restaurant Recommendations? - visit in December

Thanks for the replies, everyone. We'll be staying with friends and family, as the visit is for the holidays. :-)

New Market, Maryland
reviews: 7
6. Re: Restaurant Recommendations? - visit in December

If you want a quaint romantic dinner , go to the Bicycle . It's a small setting where the food is excellent and you get personal attention.

A fun night out may be to go to the Charles for a movie and then eat at Tapas Teatro - haven't tried it yet b/c it is alway spacked , but it is supposed to be great .

7. Re: Restaurant Recommendations? - visit in December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:20 am, September 14, 2009