We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Astoria, Oregon Riverfront Trolley on cruise ship day

Which Astoria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tampa, Florida, USA
reviews: 17
Astoria, Oregon Riverfront Trolley on cruise ship day

My elderly parents and I will be stopping in Astoria as one of our ports in September, 2013. Is it realistic to count on the Riverfront Trolley as transportation to see the sites? Can it handle the crowds on cruise ship day?

reviews: 785
1. Re: Astoria, Oregon Riverfront Trolley on cruise ship day

Weather permitting (it's raining here today) the trolley will be running. It goes along the riverfront and makes various stops. The Maritime Museum is an interesting and educational stop. You can walk right across the street to The Bowpicker, one of the best places for fish n chips on the Oregon Coast. www.oldoregon.com Have fun! :)

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
reviews: 931
2. Re: Astoria, Oregon Riverfront Trolley on cruise ship day

>> Can it handle the crowds on cruise ship day? <<

I have not been to Astoria when a cruise ship docks, but I've been on the trolley several times and I'm not sure there would be enough room for a big flood of people at once. Unless somebody posts here that has first hand information, maybe you could email them directly to ask?

oldoregon.com/visitor-info/…

3. Re: Astoria, Oregon Riverfront Trolley on cruise ship day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 pm, September 08, 2014