We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bed and breakfast with fireplace in room?

Which Astoria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington, DC
reviews: 9
Bed and breakfast with fireplace in room?

Which bed and breakfasts have fireplaces in the bedroom?

I think I want wood-burning and not gas. The last time I had a room with a gas fireplace I had to have the window open too which of course defeated the purpose of getting as warm as possible!

7 replies to this topic
reviews: 708
1. Re: Bed and breakfast with fireplace in room?

Check out The Rose River inn! :)

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
reviews: 751
2. Re: Bed and breakfast with fireplace in room?

From the Rose River Inn's website:

"They all have ensuite private bathrooms, with electric or gas fireplaces."

I doubt that you will find accommodations with real wood burning fireplaces. Not because there isn't wood available, but because using wood is messy and building a fire requires a certain degree of knowledge.

I suspect the B&B would find it a real pain to keep a good supply of split, dry seasoned wood, plus cedar kindling and of course paper - then lug the wood and kindling upstairs to each room every day!

Washington, DC
reviews: 9
3. Re: Bed and breakfast with fireplace in room?

Rose River Inn looks great! However, my boyfriend found the Cannery Pier Hotel and fell in love with the idea of it, despite it looking pretty sterile and bland inside. I admit that being over the water in a refurbished industrial building is cool and unique. Plus chauffeured rides in historic cars...

Anyway, with regard to fireplaces, I know electric just isn't fun, and I did some research on gas, and it turns out that if it is installed correctly, you don't need to have the window open simultaneously. I've stayed at B&Bs with wood fireplaces, and they use something like a starter log (purportedly real wood and chemical-free). There's still the ash to clean up the next day though, so I was surprised they did it. But we are talking ~$300 night.

Portland, Oregon
reviews: 27
4. Re: Bed and breakfast with fireplace in room?

We've stayed at the Cannery Pier, and I think it's a little more cookie-cutter than sterile. Still a nice place though, and with its own bit of character and charm. Nice to have Bridgewater Bistro next door too.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for TripAdvisor Support
reviews: 28
5. Re: Bed and breakfast with fireplace in room?

Not in Astoria, and and not a B&B, but I know of two places nearby worth fireplaces. One is 30 minutes North in long beach. It's Anchorage Cottages. Very old (1930s?) officers quarters turned into cottages. Full sized brick fireplaces with free firewood stacked daily outside your door.

The second is 20 minutes south in Seaside the Inn at Seaside. I haven't been there in years but they had wood burning fireplaces in done rooms. You had to buy fire logs from the desktop. It got a recent thumbs up from a long time forum member:Lougee.

reviews: 708
6. Re: Bed and breakfast with fireplace in room?

Cannery Pier Hotel is very nice! My in-laws have stayed there and really loved it. If you're set on staying in Astoria, this is one of the finest places in the area. www.oldoregon.com Have fun! :)

Lincoln, Nebraska
reviews: 4
7. Re: Bed and breakfast with fireplace in room?

What days do the cruise ships dock in Astoria? I would like to avoid that when we are there in September.

Reply to: Bed and breakfast with fireplace in room?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Astoria