We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need a place to have Thanksgiving Dinner in Jacksonville

Which Jacksonville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Palm Bay, Florida
reviews: 76
Need a place to have Thanksgiving Dinner in Jacksonville

My brother insists on not coming home (3 hour drive) for Thanksgiving, but to go out to eat where he lives in Jacksonville. Every year for the past 4 years we have gone in his neck of the woods instead of eating at home. The first 2 years were in St. Augustine at the Casa Monica. First year was great, second year was just okay. One year we tried teh Chart House in Jacksonville, and did not enjoy the Thanksgiving fare. Last year we ate at a place that is supposed to be great- but was not on Thanksgiving. We need help. My brother wanted to eat at the Hyatt, but the rest of us do not want to eat that early and they are not open at dinner time. We want to eat no earlier than 5. Seating at 4:30 at the earliest, and looking for great food. Can anyone help?

7 replies to this topic
Jacksonville, FL
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
reviews: 10
1. Re: Need a place to have Thanksgiving Dinner in Jacksonville

I believe that Capital Grille and Seasons 52 will both be open. We have eaten at both places (although not at Thanksgiving) and they're fantastic. While both are 'chain' restaurants, they are very, very good. Seasons 52 uses locally sourced ingredients. Capital Grill has great steaks, although it's pretty pricy. I think Seasons 52 would probably do a really good Thanksgiving meal. Google it...

Vicki

Neptune Beach, FL
reviews: 78
2. Re: Need a place to have Thanksgiving Dinner in Jacksonville

Columbia Restaurant in Saint Augustine has Thanksgiving Dinner (and Christmas and Easter Dinners) all day and into the evening. Same menu prices as every other day. Free parking behind the Columbia for their restaurant guests. Beautiful restaurant. Great staff. Very popular every day, and esecially on holidays. Make a reservation. (904) 824-3341

www.columbiarestaurant.com/st_augustine.asp

Happy Thanksgiving!

Spirit

Jacksonville...
reviews: 121
3. Re: Need a place to have Thanksgiving Dinner in Jacksonville

I would avoid the Hyatt - their food is bland at best.. Check with Bistro Aix or BB's to see what they are doing. Matthew's might also be making a nice dinner. As we get closer to the date, you might want to check Jax.com for a listing of other restaurants that offer Turkey day dinner. I'm always out of town, so I don't really keep up. The Omni used to do a nice buffet, but again, I'm out of touch.

Palm Bay, Florida
4. Re: Need a place to have Thanksgiving Dinner in Jacksonville

Thank you so much! We love the Columbia, though have a day after Thanksgiving tradition of eating lunch or dinner there. Though we could eat both days. It is pretty far from where my brother lives, though. But it's definitely a thought. Thank you so much. I will definitely put it on our possibility list. :)

Palm Bay, Florida
5. Re: Need a place to have Thanksgiving Dinner in Jacksonville

Thank you, Vickie. I will check those out. I looked at their online menus after reading your recommendation, but need to find out prices as there are no prices. but the tripadvisor reviews look good and your make them sound very good. I'm going to call. Thank you Auntie C. I will check those out. There are four of us, all fussy, and my brother and sister in law are on a low or no carb diet and I don't eat beef or pork. So this is not a fun group to try to find a place for. Mom and I wanted to do this at home and we cook, but my brother doesn't want too. We're going to look into all these options. Thanks everyone.

Jacksonville, FL
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
reviews: 10
6. Re: Need a place to have Thanksgiving Dinner in Jacksonville

Seasons 52 is a great place for healthier options. Many of their entrees are less than 500 calories, yet still taste delicious. I would tend to stay away from bb's; the food is good, but it's very loud. We usually prefer something a little quieter for Thanksgiving. I think that prices are not posted for Seasons 52 because the menu changes often due to whatever ingredients that they can source fresh. Enjoy!

Vicki

Jacksonville...
reviews: 121
7. Re: Need a place to have Thanksgiving Dinner in Jacksonville

Check out Jax.com. There was an extensive list in Saturdays paper of local places with traditional dinners.

Reply to: Need a place to have Thanksgiving Dinner in Jacksonville
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted