We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttle from Jacksonville Airport to St Augustine

Which Jacksonville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 16
Shuttle from Jacksonville Airport to St Augustine

Has anyone used a shuttle service from Jacksonville Airport to St Augustine recently? We would need from the airport to our hotel in Historic St Augustine, and then pick up from hotel back to airport. Any suggestions?

Jacksonville...
reviews: 199
1. Re: Shuttle from Jacksonville Airport to St Augustine

How long will you be in St. Augustine? Probably more economical just to rent a car for the day (both to and from). Those shuttles can be expensive, and the rides are exceedingly long.

Edited: 2:41 pm, March 14, 2013
reviews: 16
2. Re: Shuttle from Jacksonville Airport to St Augustine

Coming in afternoon of first day, two full days and leaving early fourth day. We will not be renting a car. So will definately need a shuttle. We plan to walk around the area while we are there.

Jacksonville...
3. Re: Shuttle from Jacksonville Airport to St Augustine

I didn't mean rent a car so you can drive around the historic district. I meant, literally, rent the car and drop it off the instant you make it to St. Augustine. Pick another one up on the day you need to head back to the hotel. I've seen rates as low as $19.00/day. That's going to beat whatever a shuttle is.

Try here: http://www.airportshuttlestaugustine.com/

$55 dollars per person....

Or here: http://airportexpressstaugustine.net/

$60 per person...

That's not even including tip, taxes, gas surcharges, etc.

Neptune Beach, FL
reviews: 91
4. Re: Shuttle from Jacksonville Airport to St Augustine

Hi d.r.

Post this question on the Saint Augustine tripadvisor forum and they will give you the name of a shuttle service. I've seen this question answered multiple times there in the past. And there is lots of good information on that forum for visitors!

Here's a link to the Saint Augustine forum: tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g34599-i346-Saint_…

Have a great trip. Saint Augustine is such a nice place to go!

Spirit

Jacksonville...
5. Re: Shuttle from Jacksonville Airport to St Augustine

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g34599-s301/Saint-Aug…

Jacksonville, FL
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
reviews: 15
6. Re: Shuttle from Jacksonville Airport to St Augustine

Hi Dixieroamer - I'm looking at an option for you - what time will you need to get to the airport on the day you depart from Jacksonville after your stay in St. Augustine?

Jacksonville...
7. Re: Shuttle from Jacksonville Airport to St Augustine

Vicki to the rescue! ;)

Jacksonville, FL
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
reviews: 15
8. Re: Shuttle from Jacksonville Airport to St Augustine

Maybe! But I, too, think that a more economical and more flexible option is to rent a car...our OP did post this in the St. Augustine forum but has not received any replies yet. We'll see if we can help...

Jacksonville...
9. Re: Shuttle from Jacksonville Airport to St Augustine

It's amazing what these shuttles charge per person! It's almost unconscionable. That being said...that ride from the airport to St. Augustine is pretty killer. It's bad enough leaving from San Marco or Riverside getting there. The airport probably adds another 40 minutes roundtrip, not including the time it takes the driver to get there in the first place.

Neptune Beach, FL
reviews: 91
10. Re: Shuttle from Jacksonville Airport to St Augustine

Airport Shuttle of St. Augustine: 904-825-0004 (There is no longer a toll free number.)

They would like to have a couple days notice, if possible.

The current information, as I understand it, for transport from Jacksonville International Airport (JAX) to Saint Augustine is...

For a private vehicle it is $70 + tip for a total of 2 people. Additional people are $5 each. You are taken to the door of your lodging in Saint Augustine.

There is also a $55 shuttle fare that does not take you right to your door in St. Augustine. There will be other passengers in the vehicle with you, and you may have to wait an hour at JAX for people to arrive on other flights. You are dropped off either at Flaggler College or at the Old City Gate.

The drive from JAX to Saint Augustine takes 60 to 70 minutes

Note that prices are going up rapidly for everything as the U.S. dollar loses value. The price of the shuttle will undoubtedly go up also as the weeks and months go by.

Enjoy your visit!

Spirit

Edited: 11:50 am, March 15, 2013