We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amtrak to JAX airport

Which Jacksonville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Long Island, NY
reviews: 4
Amtrak to JAX airport

Will be arriving JAX Amtrak on a Sunday

Use Enterprise car rental - closed except for airport

Is there transportation from the station to the airport other than taxi

What is approximate cost of taxt to airport?

Thanks!

Jacksonville...
1. Re: Amtrak to JAX airport

Sorry to say, taxi is your only option. Does Enterprise still pick you up?

Call for rates:

Gator City Taxi 904-355-8294

Yellow Cab 904-260-1111

Edited: 2:55 pm, March 12, 2013
Jacksonville...
reviews: 199
2. Re: Amtrak to JAX airport

I believe Enterprise will pick you up--call to verify. (This may be a location specific perk, or may be systemwide.)

Long Island, NY
3. Re: Amtrak to JAX airport

Enterprise is not open on Sunday - hence, the problem

Jacksonville...
4. Re: Amtrak to JAX airport

I'm shocked Enterprise isn't open on Sunday. Wow.

Well, then yes, taxi is your best bet. I'm not aware of any shuttles that run to/from Amtrak/JAX.

On another note, where on Long Island are you from? Spend much of the year up there (wife is from Manhasset). Great place!

Long Island, NY
5. Re: Amtrak to JAX airport

Manhasset is one of our very favorite places! We live in Howard Beach - my husband volunteers at St Francis Heart Hospital which your wife probably knows well. We love Long Island - but not the snow :<(

Edited: 5:20 pm, March 12, 2013
Long Island, NY
6. Re: Amtrak to JAX airport

Thanks everyone - but, as much I hate airports recently - I will fly. I had visions of seeing the nine states that Amtrak runs through fromk NY to JAX - but research has told me that I will see seedy areas, forests and nothing much along with a very bumpy ride. The Amtrak trip from NY to BOS is gorgeous along the water - not this route, though. Oh well - back to long TSA lines and massive delays.

Jacksonville...
7. Re: Amtrak to JAX airport

Manhasset, Port Washington, Garden City, et cetera....love them all. Drive by St. Francis every time we go up there! Snow stinks...there's a reason we live in Florida ;)

Again, I can't believe Enterprise is closed on Sunday....how do people return their cars?

If you need anymore information on your trip, please let us know.

Jacksonville...
8. Re: Amtrak to JAX airport

Flying is best. You're right--that line from NY to FL is no good.

When are you coming? Delta and JetBlue are running great fares, nonstop LGA (DL) and JFK (JB) to JAX.

You should be OK on delays/lines. Jacksonville's airport is a breeze, and if your outgoing flight takes off on time, you should be arriving 20-30 minutes earlier than your ETA.

9. Re: Amtrak to JAX airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 14, 2014