We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do within walking distance of Hyatt Riverfront

Which Jacksonville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
kbaley@cox.net
Things to do within walking distance of Hyatt Riverfront

I will be staying at the Hyatt Riverfront midweek and was wondering what items of interest are within walking distance of the Hyatt - shopping, museums, parks. I read some reviews of the property and was a little concerned about recently released offenders asking for money. Is this still occurring in the area?

Thanks for you help.

Jacksonville...
reviews: 27
1. Re: Things to do within walking distance of Hyatt Riverfront

Within walking distance-Shopping: The Landing is located next door to the Hyatt, It has clothing, jewelry, gourmet food (olive oils etc) and toy shops. Walk out the front door of the landing to Laura St, and there are other shops as well such as clothing jewelry, and the best used book store around . There is also the Main Library (largest in the state) and the Museum of Contemporary Art. The Hyatt is adjacent to the Northbank Riverwalk, which is a 3 mile long riverfront park. You can also walk across the Main St (Alsop) bridge (or take a water taxi for $5.00) to Southbank Riverwalk that is home to Museum of Science and History, and Friendship Fountain. You can also take a short taxi ride to Riverside/Avondale that has parks, restaurants, and the Cummer Museum.

Jacksonville...
2. Re: Things to do within walking distance of Hyatt Riverfront

Try this link as an overview. Not sure of your age and interests. Craig has a few of my recomendations except for the Landing, though they do have a few interesting shops and an great view.

A few live shows at the Florida Theatre this week also: Grace Potter, Steve Miller.

Chamblins Book Mine is the name of the book store near the Main Library.

As for panhandlers: a not today, thanks, should suffice in my experience

downtownjacksonville.org/locations/lc-11-dow…

Jacksonville...
reviews: 199
3. Re: Things to do within walking distance of Hyatt Riverfront

I'd take the Riverwalk and walk on over to Riverside Avondale. Check out the Cummer, walk around 5 Points, get a meal or beer on Park/King, etc.

Chamblin's is amazing

4. Re: Things to do within walking distance of Hyatt Riverfront

Kimbycat,

Thank you so much for choosing Hyatt! The recommendations from the guests below are right in line with what we were going to suggest! For more information about events going on in Jacksonville, visit and "like" our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/HyattRegencyJacksonville!

Thank You,

Hyatt Staff

5. Re: Things to do within walking distance of Hyatt Riverfront

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 14, 2014