We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Morning at Timucuan Preserve- what to see?

Which Jacksonville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Paul...
reviews: 53
Morning at Timucuan Preserve- what to see?

Hello,

We are flying in Jacksonville, staying by the airport and want to spend the morning at Timucuan Preserve before heading north to Jekyll Island for afternoon and Beaufort at night. I know that's limited time and it seems like there is a lot to see at Timucuan. I'd love some suggestions on which sites are most interesting. We are a family of 5 (kids are 6, 13, 15) and love hiking and history. 6 year old loves to get the jr ranger badges...

My first inclination is to stop at Fort Caroline/ Visitor Center and then do the Hammock Trail Loop. Then head over to the KingsleyPlantation and see that. I figure that might take care of our 3-4 hours? I'm a little concerned that it's 30 minutes drive time between sites and then we'll have to backtrack when leaving.... Thoughts?

Neptune Beach, FL
reviews: 91
11. Re: Morning at Timucuan Preserve- what to see?

Taking a trolley tour in Saint Augustine is a great orientation to the city. Go all the way around once before you get off the trolley to see more of something. If you do no more than take the trolley tour, you will hear the history of the city and know what the city has to offer you if you want to come back sometime and spend a couple days there.

Enjoy your trip!

Spirit

12. Re: Morning at Timucuan Preserve- what to see?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 18, 2014