We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to Stay in Jacksonville

Which Jacksonville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, United...
reviews: 1
Where to Stay in Jacksonville

Hi

We're planning a road trip in June from Orlando - Jacksonville -Savannah - Atlanta and heading back down the cost around Tampa etc. back to Orlando.

Can anyone advise me of the best places to stay in Jacksonville for a few days. We're confused with Downtown/Midtown etc. and not sure on the safest, interesting places to stay?

Any tips appreciated

Jacksonville, FL
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
reviews: 14
11. Re: Where to Stay in Jacksonville

I really think I would opt for the beaches area. There's not really a lot to do along the Riverfront. The beaches area will definitely be more lively during this time of year, for sure. Go for the beaches!

Enjoy!

Vicki

Jacksonville...
reviews: 199
12. Re: Where to Stay in Jacksonville

I'd go for the beaches. There are some beautiful parts of Jacksonville near the riverfront, but as far as 4th of July action, the beaches will have most of the fun.

Tennessee
reviews: 218
13. Re: Where to Stay in Jacksonville

I have been monitoring the reviews for the downtown JAX hotels as I have a trip in October. The conference I am attending is at the Hyatt but the reviews for the Hyatt are not so great, sounds like quality is a consistent issue. I'm reading similiar reviews for Omni and others. I would not mind spending extra for a really nice hotel, QUIET, clean, modern. Would appreciate suggestions!

Jacksonville...
14. Re: Where to Stay in Jacksonville

Start a new thread for more suggestions (more people will see it).

The best hotel in the area is obviously the Ritz-Carlton, but it's in Amelia Island (45 minutes away). ritzcarlton.com/en/…Default.htm

Ponte Vedra Inn and Club (on the beach, gorgeous property): www.pontevedra.com/inn-and-club/index.aspx

Across the river from the Hyatt, the Hilton Garden Inn: …hilton.com/en/…index.html

Jacksonville...
15. Re: Where to Stay in Jacksonville

Oh, and Ponte Vedra Inn and Club is about 25 minutes from downtown Jax (on the ocean...)

The Hilton is walking distance (a healthy walk, but a walk nonetheless) from the Hyatt.

Jacksonville, FL
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
reviews: 14
16. Re: Where to Stay in Jacksonville

If you don't mind being a little further away, the Ponte Vedra Inn is fantastic. That would be my first choice.

Vicki

17. Re: Where to Stay in Jacksonville

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, March 12, 2014