We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel off I-95 in nice area

Which Jacksonville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Buffalo, NY
reviews: 12
Hotel off I-95 in nice area

Hi Everyone! We will be traveling South on I-95 & looking for a decent hotel in a nice area, with good highway access, for one night. We have stayed at the Hampton Inn at Bartram Park several times in the past, but the price went up $30 from last year! Wow! Don't really want to spend over $100, but we love that area. The Courtyard there is also pricey. Are there any other areas similar to that? Thanks so much!

Jacksonville...
reviews: 200
1. Re: Hotel off I-95 in nice area

Question: is the sole purpose of your stop to have a safe/clean place to sleep? Are you planning on waking up in the morning and hitting 95-South again? I.E., no sight-seeing whatsoever?

If the answer to the above is "yes", then I recommend: Hyatt Place Jacksonville Airport ($98/night), Wingate by Jacksonville Airport ($76/night), Aloft ($99/night).

These are all RIGHT off 95. They are clean, they are safe. That being said, there's nothing original and/or locally-owned/operated by there to eat. It's all chains, and their sole purpose as hotels are for sleeping and leaving. Not a good place to sightsee, but a great place for a night of sleep.

Buffalo, NY
reviews: 12
2. Re: Hotel off I-95 in nice area

Thanks! We will only be there to grab a quick dinner & sleep. Are the restaurants within walking distance?

Jacksonville...
reviews: 200
3. Re: Hotel off I-95 in nice area

No, but they're within a 2 minute drive. Just down the road.

Neptune Beach, FL
reviews: 80
4. Re: Hotel off I-95 in nice area

Yes, Ben is right on.

The airport has the cheapest hotels. Just pull off I-95 and decide what looks like what you want. Depending on where you stay, you might be able to walk to breakfast. Or maybe your hotel will have a cold breakfast buffet included.

The Florida Welcome Center has the Florida hotel booklet with coupons for hotels. Watch for the Welcome Center after you cross the state line into Florida. It's a couple miles south of the GA-FL state line, and 1 mile south of Rt. 17 which is the Exit.# 380. There are a number of airport hotels with coupons in that book.

If you want to go most of the way through Jacksonville on I-95 before you stop, like another 20 or 30 minutes of driving beyond the airport exit, there are a number of fairly inexpensive hotels in the northwest corner of I-95 and Butler Blvd, which is I-95 Exit #344. There are hotels there like Jamison Inn, La Quinta, Courtyard and Fairfield Inn and Suites, Extended Stay America, Red Roof Inn. There is a Cracker Barrel restaurant there too.

One of the best hotel deals in Jacksonville is Sun Suites, 8555 Baymeadows Way, Jacksonville, FL 32256‎. (904) 421-3440 · sunsuites.com Take Exit #340 off I-95 and head west. At the second traffic light (Baymeadows Way), turn left (south). Sun Suites is a short block down that road. A bank and Red Lobster. are on the corner where you turn.

Why pay a lot of money when all you want is a good night's sleep?

Have a nice trip!

Spirit

Edited: 6:24 pm, January 31, 2013
5. Re: Hotel off I-95 in nice area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 02, 2014