We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live bands in jacksonville

Which Jacksonville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Paisley, United...
Live bands in jacksonville

Ok , please help.

as I`m getting older its harder to find venue`s where i feel cumfortable in.

Heading to Jacksonville next April from Scotland and like live bands "any style" (but would like a proper american country or rock bar), where can (very) late 40`s go to watch bands without being surrounded by kids, and feel OK.

Paisley, United...
1. Re: Live bands in jacksonville

Please excuse my spelling above; "Comfortable"

Coming from Scotland is a long way, so I didn’t want to waste my 1st time in Jacksonville sitting in the closest bar to my Hotel looking at the beach.

I also enjoy watching live sport, if anyone can suggest some local sport to watch too.

Thanks to all

Haggis

Jacksonville...
reviews: 200
2. Re: Live bands in jacksonville

Freebird Live in Jacksonville Beach is a great venue for watching live music (for all ages). There's also the Times-Union Center (more upscale, sit down, etc). And, the Florida Theatre (a complete mix of ages and music).

For April showings, I'd wait until the date gets a little closer. Keep checking the Folio Weekly for dates and times: http://www.folioweekly.com

Jacksonville...
3. Re: Live bands in jacksonville

I would keep an eye on the Folio Weekly (mentioned above) for upcoming live music events of the "go to a concert" variety: Some great "Rock" acts are coming in April that would cater to a more adult crowd: Yes and Chicago, for example. If you're just looking to catch some live music while out for a bite to eat or a brew, Jacksonville is pretty good at mixing the two elements together, especially down by the beach. Since you mentioned looking at the beach, I'm assuming you're close by and you should be able to check out Poe's Tavern or Lynch's. Lynch's tends to keep an interesting mix in their crowd but definitely gravitates younger the later the night gets (and if you do happen to go, definitely steer clear of Ritz and Brix nearby as those will be 20-somethings getting sloppy drunk to club hits). Poe's Tavern usually keeps live music on the weekends and is surrounded by a few other places in Atlantic Beach that feature live music as well. I would suggest the Atlantic Beach area if you're looking for attractions within walking distance of each other one night.

If you're looking for a local sport in April, that'll be the time of year for baseball to start. Luckily, Jacksonville has a minor league baseball team that's been enthusiastically received by the city and always provides a good time. Look at the Jacksonville Suns schedule to check a game out when you're here:

www.milb.com/schedule/index.jsp?sid=t564

Paisley, United...
4. Re: Live bands in jacksonville

Thanks for the quick response Ben P,

I’m more into good old fashion "slightly rough in your face" music scene bars, even at my age I’m not looking at a sit down concert style.

What style of music do they play at Freebird (sounds Rocky, which I like) and what is the best night to go.

Jacksonville...
5. Re: Live bands in jacksonville

Check out there website for upcoming calendar and events: http://www.freebirdlive.com

They plan a variety of stuff, from ska, reggae, rock, jazz, jam bands, etc. Looks ideal, and it's my personal go-to spot for everything musical in the Jacksonville area.

Weekends are best at Freebird, but you never know--it really depends on whose playing when.

Neptune Beach, FL
reviews: 85
6. Re: Live bands in jacksonville

Lillie's Coffee Shop has free concerts ever Friday and Saturday night 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. Saturday night is always jazz. Wine and beer available. Concerts are outside in "The Courtyard" there, if the weather permits, otherwise they are inside Lillie's. Good music, and good price! Lillie's is 1 1/2 blocks south of Atlantic Blvd on First St. in Neptune Beach.

Mezza Luna has free music Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday in the bar/lounge behind the restaurant area. Good music 6 to 8 p.m:, and good food. I like Thursday nights with Mike Shackelford singing and playing the guitar, and Rick Johnson on keyboard and sax. Mezza Luna is half a block south of Atlantic Blvd on First St. in Neptune Beach.

Ragtime has live music in the micro brewery room. Ragtime is on the corner of Atlantic Blvd and First Street in Atlantic Beach.

Where are you staying?

Paisley, United...
7. Re: Live bands in jacksonville

Thanks for all the great idea`s

I`m working on a ship which will be in Port for 9 days(29th March to 8TH April), 1st time in Jacksonville so looking forward, it sounds like a lively place.

Jacksonville...
8. Re: Live bands in jacksonville

Jacksonville can be a lively place--you just need to know where to go and what to do. Luckily, you've discovered TA!

Scotland
reviews: 11
9. Re: Live bands in jacksonville

hi Haggis544 i too am heading to jcksonville end of april . but it is for welcome to rockville festival to see skynard and three doors down and other bands should be good

Edited: 7:35 pm, February 23, 2013
Jacksonville...
10. Re: Live bands in jacksonville

http://www.1904musichall.com/#!home/mainPagehttp://www.yelp.com/biz/jack-rabbits-jacksonville

www.yelp.com/biz/burro-bar-jacksonville

www.yelp.com/biz/underbelly-jacksonville

These are just a few of the Downtown area bars that serve up live music. They run the gambit of musical genres. Sometimes blues,punk,metal, indie and country. Check out their pages and see what you think.

April 3rd, Downtown does this downtownjacksonville.org/Marketing/First_Wed…

A pretty cool event with live bands scattered around Downtown.

Edited: 12:45 pm, February 25, 2013