We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Recommendation in Jacksonville

Which Jacksonville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Hotel Recommendation in Jacksonville

I am looking for a hotel to stay at pre-cruise that has a shuttle to the pier and possible near a walmart or grocery store. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks!

Jacksonville, FL
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
reviews: 12
1. Re: Hotel Recommendation in Jacksonville

Hi - I'm not sure if they have shuttle service, but Hyatt Place Jacksonville Airport, 14565 Duval Rd, 32218 Jacksonville, is nice and reasonably priced. It's fairly close to the River City Market Place, which is a large outdoor mall with a Walmart, I believe. The problem is that I can't think of any of the airport/cruiseport hotels that are within walking distance to a Walmart or Grocery. The hotel does have airport transportation, so you may want to call them and ask if they do the cruise port as well. You may need to take a cab from the airport and stop by a Walmart or grocery store on your way to the hotel. Most of the airport hotels are only a mile or two from the airport, so I don't think that the cab fare would be astronomical.

Another possibility is to visit Tripadvisor's sister site, www.cruisecritic.com and ask questions there. You'll find cruisers who have sailed from Jax many times that can give you some great info!

Edited: 1:23 pm, December 31, 2012
New York City, New...
2. Re: Hotel Recommendation in Jacksonville

Thank you!

3. Re: Hotel Recommendation in Jacksonville

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 14, 2014