We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

News eve ideas

Which Jacksonville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
orlando
reviews: 1
News eve ideas

We are thinking of driving in for news years eve need ideas of what to do and decent priced hotel

Heard riverfront area can be fun love live music

We prefer a casual scene not clubs or dressy dinner n dance scene

Thanks all

orlando
1. Re: News eve ideas

We are also open to the beach area if those bars are open

Jacksonville, FL
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
reviews: 12
2. Re: News eve ideas

Sorry no one has responded! I'm not sure what to recommend for a 'decent priced hotel' since we all tend to have different ideas on what to spend. All of the bars will be open at the beaches - you would probably find the most action at Atlantic Beach. Check into staying at the Sea Horse Inn. It's right on the ocean and in the thick of things. It's not fancy, but it's one that most of us definitely recommend. If you want to be closer to the river, you'll maybe want to go to the Landing - a restaurant/shopping/bar area right on the river. There will likely be some live music and the bars and restaurants will definitely be open. Close by is the Crowne Plaza Hotel, and there's also a Hampton Inn on Prudential Drive that's probably a little less expensive - it's fairly close to The Landing, as well.

orlando
3. Re: News eve ideas

Thank you for your suggestions, as far as hotel price we would like to keep it under $100 as we will spend very little time in the room more than likely

Jacksonville, FL
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
reviews: 12
4. Re: News eve ideas

I would opt for the Sea Horse at the beach, or Hampton Inn on Prudential Drive if you'd rather go to the Landing. You'll have fireworks at both places.

5. Re: News eve ideas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:36 am, December 28, 2012
Jacksonville...
reviews: 200
6. Re: News eve ideas

Sorry, I've been out of town. Normally I'd say go downtown/riverwalk/Riverside/Avondale, but...I'm not so sure there are hotels available in the area for under $100/room. In that case, I'd go with Spirit's recommendation: go to the Jacksonville beaches. Lots to do, great view of fireworks and activities, highly walkable if you stay near Atlantic/Neptune Beach. Have fun!

orlando
7. Re: News eve ideas

Have travel points to stay at radison butler blvd is that a convenient location to get to places you suggested?

Jacksonville...
reviews: 200
8. Re: News eve ideas

Butler Boulevard is convenient for highway access, but isn't convenient in the sense you can leave your hotel door and "be somewhere"....if you don't mind driving I guess it's fine. It's sort of in an office/commercial area. 12 minutes from downtown, 18 minutes from the beaches. You're sandwiched between both places we recommend seeing for New Years festivities.

orlando
9. Re: News eve ideas

Thanks for all your help and feedback we used points and booked the room Any ratings for crazy fish resturant ?

orlando
10. Re: News eve ideas

Nix that crazy fish is closed for remodeling