We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it possible to pick up a cruise right at the port?

Which Jacksonville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg CA
reviews: 1
Is it possible to pick up a cruise right at the port?

I'm considering flying to Miami or whereever and finding a cruise once I get there. I've been told that last minute deals like this are for residents of that state only. Is this true?

Jacksonville...
reviews: 199
1. Re: Is it possible to pick up a cruise right at the port?

This is the Jacksonville forum. I've no idea what goes on at the Port of Miami. Try the cruise forum: tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i10703-Cruises.…

Or, try the Miami forum: tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g34438-i92-Miami_F…

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
reviews: 12
2. Re: Is it possible to pick up a cruise right at the port?

Hasn't been possible since 9/11. The cruise lines must turn a complete manifest of passengers for screening in advance of the sail away date and cannot sell any on the spot "walk up" tickets. It is lkely you could not be admitted to Port of Miami unless you already had boarding documents in your possession.- another secutrity precaution.

That used to be something that was possible and I often brought friends down with bags packed to bargain for a vacant cabin- but not any longer.

Orlando
reviews: 2
3. Re: Is it possible to pick up a cruise right at the port?

"Is this true?" As stated above, it is not possible for anyone. A couple of weeks out? Yes.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
reviews: 12
4. Re: Is it possible to pick up a cruise right at the port?

Most "last minute " cruise offers I saw yesterday were for cruises departing Jan 4 or so.

I realize your question was about Miami- but I think this is true of all US Ports.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
reviews: 22
5. Re: Is it possible to pick up a cruise right at the port?

You can book a few weeks out I think, but in any case -wrong forum.

You need the Cruise Critic forums, which is our sister Cruise only site

Winnipeg CA
reviews: 1
6. Re: Is it possible to pick up a cruise right at the port?

Thanks for your replies, much appreciated.

Jacksonville, FL
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
reviews: 10
7. Re: Is it possible to pick up a cruise right at the port?

Go to www.cruisecritic.com for cruise-specific questions, and here on TripAdvisor for questions about areas in general.

Lady Lake, FL
8. Re: Is it possible to pick up a cruise right at the port?

According to RCCL booking has to take place 72 hours prior to departure so your name and info can be added to the cruise manifest.

9. Re: Is it possible to pick up a cruise right at the port?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 04, 2014