We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

River Taxi / New Years Eve / Gator Bowl

Which Jacksonville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mississippi
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Great Smoky Mountains National Park
reviews: 22
River Taxi / New Years Eve / Gator Bowl

I understand the River taxi schedule from the South Bank to Jacksonville Landing runs 3 hours before game time for Jag games, and was curious as to whether or not they will maintain the same schedule for the Gator Bowl. The website seems to be under renovation, and the phone recording is not very detailed.

Also wondering if they run extended hours for New Years Eve on the return to the South bank.

Welcoming suggestions for alternatives. The Skyway? Bus travel? I'm not having much success finding shuttle services to the landing from hotels along the South bank, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Looking forward to spending a few days in the area.

Florida
reviews: 1
1. Re: River Taxi / New Years Eve / Gator Bowl

If you are staying at the Crown Plaza or Hampton Inn or any other hotel in that area you can just walk across the blue bridge to get to the landing. It is not a far walk at all.

Neptune Beach, FL
reviews: 78
2. Re: River Taxi / New Years Eve / Gator Bowl

The walk along the river and over the bridges has beautiful views!

And we all need more exercise.

Happy New Year!

Spirit

Jacksonville...
reviews: 199
3. Re: River Taxi / New Years Eve / Gator Bowl

It is a short walk, but besides that, the water taxi should be running on schedule for the Gator Bowl. Skyway works, too. Park in the King Street Parking garage and take the Skyway in. Not sure about New Years...I'll look into it.

Mississippi
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Great Smoky Mountains National Park
reviews: 22
4. Re: River Taxi / New Years Eve / Gator Bowl

Thanks so much for the help. I don't mind the walk, but weather could of course be a concern. Any added comments would certainly be appreciated.

5. Re: River Taxi / New Years Eve / Gator Bowl

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, December 18, 2013