We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

buying oranges etc close to Jax

Which Jacksonville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
nc Coast
reviews: 8
buying oranges etc close to Jax

Will be in Jax this weekend and was thinking I would pick up some Florida oranges etc for gifts to take back to NC.

Anyone know of a good place close to 95 and no further south than Jax. Will be in town for a couple of days so it could be in the city or close to 95. will not be going south of Jax.

thanks

Jacksonville...
reviews: 199
1. Re: buying oranges etc close to Jax

Just take 95 North. Once you get past the airport, you'll see the billboards. A good exit is the exit to Fernandina Beach. Citrus right off 95.

Neptune Beach, FL
reviews: 89
2. Re: buying oranges etc close to Jax

Hi riven,

There's also the big, covered Beaver Street Farmers' Market in the downtown Jacksonville area. You'll find EVERYTHING there, not just oranges. And it's all fresh. Do your fruit and vegie shopping just before you leave for home. It's open from dawn to dusk, 365 days a year. The market is just off I-95 at 1810 W Beaver St., Jacksonville, FL 32209 Check Google maps for the location relative to I-95.

The Farmers' Market web site: http://www.google.com/#hl=en&tbo=d&sclient=psy-ab&q=beaver+street+farmers+market&oq=Beaver+Street+&gs_l=hp.1.1.0l4.609.3428.0.5915.14.14.0.0.0.0.126.1457.7j7.14.0.les%3Bpchsnhac..0.0...1.1.b1rmyCFqVYI&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.1355325884,d.eWU&fp=cfe2de3a4dc5609f&bpcl=39967673&biw=819&bih=514

Have a nice weekend!

Spirit

Edited: 8:36 pm, December 13, 2012
Jacksonville...
3. Re: buying oranges etc close to Jax

Forgot about Beaver Street! One of the best farmers markets in the southeast. Check it out if you can!! Great recommendation, Sprit.

nc Coast
reviews: 8
4. Re: buying oranges etc close to Jax

Thanks folks. stopped at the Beaver Market yesterday. Nice place. got what I needed and saved some bucks. Also told my Daughter and Son n law who live in Jax about it. They had never been.

Jacksonville...
5. Re: buying oranges etc close to Jax

Not many in Jax have been. Considering how long it's been around, it's amazing how little people know about it. Glad you have a good stop and found what you wanted!

6. Re: buying oranges etc close to Jax

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, December 22, 2013