We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels Near Skyway

Which Jacksonville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
29 posts
145 reviews
Hotels Near Skyway

I will be in town for the Gator Bowl and looking for cheap hotels in walking distance of the skyway?

Clearwater, Florida
Destination Expert
for Clearwater
Level Contributor
8,630 posts
23 reviews
1. Re: Hotels Near Skyway

The Skyway Bridge? The only hotel close to it is a Magnuson Hotel. It is just at the North end of the bridge. You can walk on the fishing piers, which are part of the old bridge on both sides, but you can't walk on the current bridge.

Clearwater, Florida
Destination Expert
for Clearwater
Level Contributor
8,630 posts
23 reviews
2. Re: Hotels Near Skyway

Oops. Nevermind the above. Didn't notice this was the Jax forum... My reply was about St. Petersburg...

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
505 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: Hotels Near Skyway

The only close hotel I could find that is not sold out is the Hilton Garden Inn (about $134) http://is.gd/hiltongardenjax is one block south of the Kings Avenue Station.

Level Contributor
1,494 posts
198 reviews
4. Re: Hotels Near Skyway

+1 to the Hilton Garden Inn.

Neptune Beach, FL
Level Contributor
2,957 posts
92 reviews
5. Re: Hotels Near Skyway

Hello jic,

Two hotels across the river from the stadium are Extended Stay America and Hampton Inn. They are next to each other on Prudential Drive. They are 1.85 miles from the stadium. You can take the riverboat taxi across the river to the stadium. Or, it's a nice walk over the blue Main Street Bridge which has great views, and then continue along the river to the stadium. We all need more exercise! Also, there is the Hilton Garden Inn which is at the end of the Skyway. Otherwise, there are lots of cheap hotels at the airport which is a 15 drive from downtown and the stadium. While these hotels are cheap most of the time, they will probably get more expensive the closer we get to Gator Bowl. If you have to drive anyway, consider staying at the beach.

Call hotels directly even if the web reservation sites indicate there are no rooms available. Hotels don't give booking sites access to all their rooms.

Extended Stay America

1413 Prudential Dr

Jacksonville, FL 32207

(904) 396-1777

Hampton Inn Jacksonville-I-95 Central

1331 Prudential Drive

Jacksonville, Florida 32207

Tel: +1-904-396-7770 

Fax: +1-904-396-8044 

Enjoy your stay!

Edited: 8:42 am, November 26, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Level Contributor
12 posts
44 reviews
6. Re: Hotels Near Skyway

I second the Hilton Garden Inn. It's in a very safe neighborhood (San Marco) compared to downtown Jacksonville, and it's within walking distance of some really great restaurants. That's likely your best bet.

If they're sold out, the Crowne Plaza, Wynham, and Hampton Inn aren't bad and are within walking distance of the Skyway. Those are all in the same area.

Last but not least, the Omni is in downtown proper and is across the street from another skyway station.

St. Augustine, FL
Level Contributor
108 posts
41 reviews
7. Re: Hotels Near Skyway

The Omni is also near the skyway!!

8. Re: Hotels Near Skyway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, December 21, 2013