We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jags v Colts

Which Jacksonville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bedford, United...
reviews: 36
Jags v Colts

I am a British visitor who is planning to attend the Thursday night game. This will be my first time in Jacksonville. I am staying at the Marriott Courtyard I-295...I have a rental car arranged for my three day stay, but I would prefer to have a few beers with the game (to ease the pain of watching this year's Jags, ha!) if possible. What would be the best way to do this?

Also what is nearby my hotel in terms of things to do?

Jacksonville...
reviews: 197
1. Re: Jags v Colts

Unfortunately, your hotel isn't too close to anything....it's more geared towards business and/or travelers running up and down the I-95 corridor. You probably won't do much of anything there except sleep. That's the bad news.

The good news is you have a rental car, and because of that, you have a lot of options most visitors don't usually have.

Two questions...

1) what does "what would be the best way to do this" mean? Like..are you asking for good places to drink? Whether or not you can drink at/around the stadium? Et cetera.

2) Your age (general, not specific), interests, other plans (if you have them) would help us determine "what you should do" for fun...

Welcome to town!

Bedford, United...
2. Re: Jags v Colts

To clarify, is it feasible to get to the game from my hotel without the rental car? Sorry if that seemed unclear.

If I do end up having to drive to the game, where can I park?

In answer to 2)...I am a male in my mid 30s, travelling on my own, in town for three days, have no set plans outside of attending the game, but I would like to do some shopping.

Jacksonville...
3. Re: Jags v Colts

Unless your hotel is running a shuttle to the game, you'll either need a rental car or a cab.

I'd recommend the rental car because Jacksonville is a very spread out town. Most of the things "to do" are in little pockets all over the place.

If you end up driving to the game, there are tons of places to park near the stadium. There should be people working the parking lots and directing traffic. Furthermore, downtown Jacksonville has over 14,000 parking spots. Whether you're on the street or in a lot, you'll be OK as far as finding parking goes.

As for which bars to go to, check out this local blog:

metrojacksonville.com/article/2012-oct-river…

You don't have to go to everything listed, but it has some good reference points. If you have a car, I recommend driving (1 or 2 miles from downtown) to Park & King District. Tons of bars, very few clubs, tons of beers on tap. There's also an array of good restaurants around there. (In the map above, I'm referring to the area where Rogue, Loft, and Garage is.)

For food, I'd try:

Pele's Wood Fire (steak, seafood, pizzas, Italian). There's also the new Black Sheep Restaurant which is a few blocks away from Park/King in 5 Points.

http://www.peleswoodfire.com

http://blacksheep5points.com

In San Marco, I'd try AIX or Taverna.

http://bistrox.com

http://www.tavernasanmarco.com/home.html

The restaurants listed have great alcohol lists.

Jacksonville...
4. Re: Jags v Colts

Also, there are some good bars downtown...Marks, Burro Gar, Dos Gatos, etc.

For general bars and "things to do," check out the link below. The places to go/things to do in the below-mentioned link are full of boutiques and places to shop.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60805-i377-k57945…

It would also help if we knew what you were looking for as far as shopping goes! There's a huge outdoor mall called "St. John's Town Center" that isn't too far via highway from your hotel. But, as I just mentioned, the boutique and locally owned shopping is in Riverside, Avondale, Park/King, San Marco, etc.

Jacksonville...
5. Re: Jags v Colts

Sorry, the link for comment #3 didn't work!

metrojacksonville.com/article/2012-oct-river…

Orlando, Florida
reviews: 10
6. Re: Jags v Colts

I'm a Jags Season Ticket holder.

There should be cash parking in the Sports Center Garage for a thursday night game. It's labeled "SC" on this map: http://is.gd/uWT3X1

Bedford, United...
7. Re: Jags v Colts

Spent most of the afternoon in St Johns. Was good.

Jacksonville...
8. Re: Jags v Colts

Good to hear. Hope you got some good shopping done!

Jacksonville...
9. Re: Jags v Colts

Your more than welcome to tailgate with us at www.facebook.com/Marksjax?ref=ts&fref=ts I'm smoking up chicken wings after work and others are bringing other assorted items. Happy hour prices will be in effect at Mark's, and it is about a 15-20 min. walk to the stadium. Free parking at meters after 5:30ish. Marks is on Bay St. between the stadium & the Main St. bridge.(Blue bridge) Enjoy!

Bedford, United...
10. Re: Jags v Colts

Sounds good, May check it out. Shame I am driving so can't have beer tonight :(