We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Entertaining a toddler at the sawgrass Marriott

Which Jacksonville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portland,Oregon
Entertaining a toddler at the sawgrass Marriott

I am traveling with my daughter and her 20 month old for a long weekend. She is in a wedding at the sawgrass marriott where we will be staying and will be busy with bridal party activities Thursday through Sunday morning and I will be entertaining my grandson.

I will have a small stroller and...my feet.

I know there is a beach shuttle to the ocean. Are there restaurants "suitable for a toddler" within walking distance of the hotel/ beach?

I did not plan to rent a car - will that be a problem? Not sure I want to drive in an unfamiliar area with a toddler.

Any suggestions welcome - leaving in a week!

Any

Jacksonville...
reviews: 199
1. Re: Entertaining a toddler at the sawgrass Marriott

I think you'll need to rent a car if you plan on doing anything besides sitting at the hotel and/or going to the beach. The beaches are pretty spread out. The only 2 walkable beach districts (3 if you consider going to St. Augustine) are Jacksonville Beach, Atlantic Beach, and St. Augustine. You'll need a car to get to any of them.

I see you don't want to drive around an unfamiliar area with a toddler. I definitely understand. That being said, the beaches are exceptionally easy to navigate. It's literally ONE road (called 3rd St). It's almost impossible to mess up. Anywhere you're looking for will probably be immediately off 3rd Street.

As far as toddler-friendly restaurants...I think anywhere you go will be OK with young kids. That being said, none are walkable from your hotel.

The good news is you're staying at a great hotel. It's "kind of" walking distance from a grocery store and a few restaurants, but with a toddler, I wouldn't do it. The bad news is you may need to rent a (GPS equipped) car.

Jacksonville, FL
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
reviews: 17
2. Re: Entertaining a toddler at the sawgrass Marriott

I have to agree - you'll likely want a vehicle. The shuttle that goes to the beach may work fine for you, but I would not want to be stranded at the beach with an unhappy baby, so without a vehicle, you're kind of stuck at the beach until they pick you back up - The hotel is really not within walking distance to much of anything, so if you really want to do something besides entertain the toddler in your room or around the grounds, I think you'll need a car...

Have fun!

Vicki

3. Re: Entertaining a toddler at the sawgrass Marriott

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 11, 2013