We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of shipping a vehicle from nyc to Jacksonville < Florid

Which Jacksonville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brooklyn, New York
Cost of shipping a vehicle from nyc to Jacksonville < Florid

Does anyone know the Cost of shipping a vehicle from NYC to Jacksonville, Florida, It is a Lexus RX 350 SUV Vehicle

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
reviews: 22
1. Re: Cost of shipping a vehicle from nyc to Jacksonville < Florid

Have you looked at Amtrack's Autotrain from lorton to south of Jax instead where you go with your vehicle?

AS far as shipping, don't know but I have heard of services where someone drives your car for you across country or wherever.

I think you should ask on the road trip forum and perhaps consult the Gods of Google.

Jacksonville...
reviews: 200
2. Re: Cost of shipping a vehicle from nyc to Jacksonville < Florid

I think you should check Google for specific companies that do this sort of thing. I know my father shipped is Harley Davidson from Boston to Jax for around $600 (not sure if that was one way or round trip). Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
reviews: 82
3. Re: Cost of shipping a vehicle from nyc to Jacksonville < Florid

I also recommend Amtrac auto train, not sure if they go to Jax tho, I know they go to Orlando. There are a lot of companies out there that ship vehicles. Some are large companies that own their own trucks, however because they can haul several cars they usually don't travel until they have a full load. It may take longer with these companies. Other companies are actually brokers who put you delivery out for bid and lowest bidder gets the job. I would ask for proof of insurance before hiring any company. There are also private drivers with single car haulers. A little harder to find but they are around. Just make sure you check some recommendations before using anyone.

Orlando, Florida
reviews: 11
4. Re: Cost of shipping a vehicle from nyc to Jacksonville < Florid

Autotrain goes from Lorton, Virginia to Sanford, Florida (N. of Orlando).

Jacksonville...
reviews: 200
5. Re: Cost of shipping a vehicle from nyc to Jacksonville < Florid

I know they go through Jax. Don't know whether they stop here. We have an Amtrac station (obviously)...just don't know what the situation is with the Autotrain aspect.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
reviews: 22
6. Re: Cost of shipping a vehicle from nyc to Jacksonville < Florid

Sanford isn't very far south of Jax drive time wise. I'd go that route myself if I didn't want to drive.,

But in the OP's case, the nyc to DC road trip will be harder and more stressfull than the sanford/jax bit. Very easy to do this by train for a person, but not sure abt freight. Could be a shipping service would be more convenient for them.

Neptune Beach, FL
reviews: 85
7. Re: Cost of shipping a vehicle from nyc to Jacksonville < Florid

Hey Rab,

Amtrack has an Auto Train. It picks up cars in a certain places and drops them off in a certain places. NYC and Jacksonville are neither pick up or drop off points. Call up Amtrack and ask to speak to someone about the Auto Train.

Also, see what information you can get from this site: http://www.amtrak.com/auto-train

Good luck,

Spirit

Neptune Beach, FL
reviews: 85
8. Re: Cost of shipping a vehicle from nyc to Jacksonville < Florid

Hey Rab,

Amtrack has an Auto Train. It picks up cars in a certain places and drops them off in a certain places. NYC and Jacksonville are neither pick up or drop off points. Call up Amtrack and ask to speak to someone about the Auto Train.

Also, see what information you can get from this site: http://www.amtrak.com/auto-train

Good luck,

Spirit

9. Re: Cost of shipping a vehicle from nyc to Jacksonville < Florid

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, November 02, 2013