We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Omni jax

Which Jacksonville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Belton, Texas
reviews: 4
Omni jax

Here now. Without doing a full review- haven't left yet and have a few more days.. But let me share our first thoughts.. Walked in to lobby and had an easy check in. Rooms ready and we wEre here well before official check in time. I think check in said 3, but we arrived about 11. So was glad for that. Got to the room. Nice room with a nice view. Had a musty odor- sprayed some cologne around and that took care of that after a bit. Had things for the fridge.. Didn't realize that it was stocked with the mini bar items. Called down and wanted to see about getting those things taken away so we could use the fridge- they brought us a fridge to use instead. Nice touch.

Brunch at Juliette's very very good. Build ur own bloodymnary bar pretty good also!

Went to nap after that.. Wow later than we thought so opted to stay in tonight and will hit the town tomorrow.

Drawbacks.. Kind of dated decor and not as opulent/luxiourious as I typically expect from 4-5 star. Clean though so that's a plus.. Frays at carpet and a stain and a bit of yellowing grout at the sink and tub a turn off for me. I'm a restroom prude though- a hint of it turns me off a bit.

Swimming pool area looks nice- but no hot tub! Was really wanting to stay in and hot tub it tonight ;( not an option unfortunately.

Looking forward to tomorrow! Will rent a car and travel around the area a bit. Want to check things out, especially the beach. Staying away from black Friday!

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
reviews: 42
1. Re: Omni jax

The Omni's a product of downtown Jacksonville's last building boom--the one that produced the elegant dark bank tower nearby (it was Barnett Bank's headquarters before a merger with Bank of America). Of course it has served mostly as a business hotel.

Downtown has some interesting old buildings from the period of reconstruction after the Great Fire (which started with burning Spanish moss at a mattress factory). The present-day City Hall, formerly May-Cohens Department Store is the grandest; the Episcopal Cathedral with its incredible hammerbeam wood roof (probably cypress) counts, too.

The beaches are well worth a visit, especially near low tide, when the beach is wide and perfect for walking, barefoot running, or bicycle. Hanna Park toward the north on Mayport Road has lots of native oak forest, dune vegetation, and, if there's surf, a bunch of surfers, though I suspect the big four wheel drive pickups have fallen out of fashion.

2. Re: Omni jax

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 pm, June 22, 2013