We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I 95 at 9 a.m.

Which Jacksonville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
pittsburgh
reviews: 5
I 95 at 9 a.m.

I am going to be traveling north to south on I95 through Jacksonville on a Friday morning.I will be leaving Yulee Fl,about 20 miles north of Jax or so,at about 8:30 a.m.My question is ,at this time of the morning,will I be better off going right through Jax on I95,or taking one of the beltways and bypassing the city.I am assuming the morning rush will be letting up at 9a.m. or so.Another option,would be to head to the caost,and bypass Jax completely.I would head down the coast and then pick up I95 south of Jax.Any help will be appreciated.....

Brandon, Florida
reviews: 1
1. Re: I 95 at 9 a.m.

Just to be safe I would take the ring road, 9A, that passes on the East side of Jax.

Neptune Beach, FL
reviews: 89
2. Re: I 95 at 9 a.m.

Hey spaceman!

Going over to the coast would be more interesting and scenic but it would take a LOT longer than either 9A or Interstate 95.

Those of us who live here would always take 9A instead of I-95 regardless of the traffic on 95.

Take 9A.

Have a nice trip,

Spirit

Jacksonville, FL
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
reviews: 14
3. Re: I 95 at 9 a.m.

Well, there you have it. We locals would almost always opt for 9A...have a safe trip!

Vicki

Neptune Beach, FL
reviews: 89
4. Re: I 95 at 9 a.m.

There is currently repair work going on that involves the Dames Point Bridge on Route 9A resulting in traffic delays sometimes. Suggest you either stay on Interstate 95 all the way past Jacksonville, or call 511 for information about the status of Route 9A before you take that route. Apparently there is going to be work on the bridge going on for a long time. Weeks? Months?

5. Re: I 95 at 9 a.m.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 am, May 31, 2012