We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise to Bahamas for Parents

Which Jacksonville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jacksonville...
Cruise to Bahamas for Parents

My parents have never been on a cruise. And they really, REALLY need a vacation.

* What are the best stopping point combos? On Orbitz I see Half Moon Cay, Nassau, and Freeport.

* They are very spendthrift. What would be a good estimate of extra money to take with them? My dad isn't in very good health so I doubt they'd do anything strenuous, like snorkeling.

* With that in mind, what else would there be to do at the stopping points? I know the beach, which they both would love. Something like shopping, or tours and such.

Thanks!!

Orlando
reviews: 2
1. Re: Cruise to Bahamas for Parents

Since no one else answered, I will try. I don't know how many good cruises go out of Jacksonville, but there are a number out of Port Canaveral. The itinerary will depend on the cruise line. Look at Cruise Critic and the Carnival, Royal Caribbean, and Disney web sites.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
reviews: 83
2. Re: Cruise to Bahamas for Parents

For older people they would probably like the Royal Carribean cruise lines or Princess. Carnival is mostly younger people and many of their ships are not in great shape. RC does one to Nassau and Coco Cay. Nassau has straw markets, there are a few tours of the island, the Atlantis is nice but very expensive to go and visit as they charge to let you in some areas unless you are a guest at the hotel. Coco Cay is nice for setting on the beach and people watching. There is a tender that takes you from the ship to the island, theres a small straw market there and they have a bbq which is included in your trip. As surffish said check out cruise critic for more info.

3. Re: Cruise to Bahamas for Parents

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:24 am, April 07, 2011