We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Comments about Mandarin area

Which Jacksonville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Las Vegas
Comments about Mandarin area

Anything one knows about Mandarin please post.

Possibly buying home there. Thanks

jacksonville fl
reviews: 6
1. Re: Comments about Mandarin area

It's a hot market, so it's pricey. Not without reason, though--there are some very pretty neighborhoods, tho nothing real old, if that's what you're into. There are some outstanding jogging paths (tho all are on/alongside city streets), and the St. Johns River and its tributaries offer some excellent boating and paddling opportunities. Traffic can be nightmarish--not Atlanta nightmarish, but the commutes can be LONG. Public schools are OK for Duval County, tho people tell me they're better across the county line in NW St. Johns County. Of course, that makes for a longer commute if you're working in J-ville...

Jacksonville FL
2. Re: Comments about Mandarin area

I grew up in Arlington, and rented in several parts of town before buying my house in Mandarin. I guess I'd call it upper middle class. Very convenient can get most anywhere in town in 30 minutes or so being on I-295 at I-95. Between the Orange Park and Avenues malls. Traffic can be an issue at times, but Mandarin has several ways to get around so if one is busy you can take another route. Your question is a little vague. Anything more specific you want to know?

ny
3. Re: Comments about Mandarin area

Mandarin area is really nice, been here 2x and I'm from NY Long Island.... house prices in Mandarin are going up, you can also check Orange Park - Oakleaf Plantation, nice place w/ complete amenities, traffic may be bad at times but there are a lot of roads that you can take as alternate.

Memphis, TN
4. Re: Comments about Mandarin area

I bought in Mandarin 3 years ago because it is conveniently located to all the places I was going to be working, had good access, is an upscale neighborhood and has great shopping. I really love it and still think it is the best place to live in Jacksonville.

Jacksonville, FL
reviews: 1
5. Re: Comments about Mandarin area

I grew up on the Westside, then moved to Mandarin after college and started my family. While Mandarin has some gorgeous neighborhoods, I was determined to leave Duval County (i.e. Mandarin Middle and High School) before my oldest entered middle school. I went over the Julington creek Bridge into NW St. Johns County and have never regretted it. The schools, while some are over crowded (because everyone's moving out here) are top notch, low failure rates, low/none violence, and most are new schools. If you have kids in grade school, consider going 5 more miles south in SJohns. I work almost to Downtown and my commute is 20 minutes, 35 on bad days. If you don't ahve kids, Mandarin neighborhoods are plentiful, although not alot of new construction b/c it's been established for years.