We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Im looking for a cheap motel or hotel on jacksonville beach

Which Jacksonville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ashland City,TN
reviews: 2
Im looking for a cheap motel or hotel on jacksonville beach

me and my fiancee are planning on a short trip to jacksonville

beach florida and were looking for some cheap motels or hotels.

the cheaper the better.were not looking for anything special.this will

be a weekend thing and were wanting it to be as cheap as possible.

i had stayed in jacksonville beach in a motel right on the beach

about 15 years ago that was like 39 dollars a night.but that was

a long time ago.i know this motel wasnt anything worth talking

about,but it wasnt to bad either.can anyone tell me some places

along the beach that are cheap.we are also photographers and

would like to know of some places worth shooting some photos

of in that area.thanks, jeff

Jacksonville, FL
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
reviews: 10
1. Re: Im looking for a cheap motel or hotel on jacksonville beach

Hi Jeff,

I don't think you'll find anything very inexpensive on the beach. You could check prices at the Sea Horse. It's very casual and "beachy". The only thing I could tell you to do would be to try to name your own price with Priceline.com. You may have a bit of success with that.

For some nice photos (and a bit of a drive) try Huguenot Park and the Jetties. Here's a link:

http://www.coj.net/Departments/Parks+and+Recreation/Recreation+Activities/Huguenot+Memorial+Park.htm

Where you are will probably be pretty crowded with beach goers since school gets out this Friday.

I don't think I've been much help, but welcome to the forum, and hopefully some of the others will chime in and give you some additional suggestions.

Have fun at the beach!

Vicki

Neptune Beach, FL
reviews: 78
2. Re: Im looking for a cheap motel or hotel on jacksonville beach

Hi Illusions,

Those cheap little motels on the ocean don't exist any more. Developers came in and tore them down and built high rise condos which they are now having trouble selling.

The Sea Horse Oceanside Inn is a super little motel on the ocean at the end of Atlantic Blvd. It's the cheapest place on the beach. (904) 246-2175, http://www.seahorseoceanfrontinn.com/ Check the Jacksonville Beach forum for more information about it.

There are two old (think 1940s) motels about three blocks from the beach. They are privately owned, mom & pop style motels. Both are 3/10 of a mile from the beach on Atlantic Blvd in Atlantic Beach: The Palms and Salt Air. These motels do fill up, so reserve early.

The Palms has a sign posted that says "Established 1947". You will believe it. It is a tad more upscale than the Salt Air because it is a few feet off Atlantic Blvd and hence less noisy, and because the rooms are bigger and not as dark. I think I've heard that breakfast of some kind is included. I don't know much about the place except that the price is $99 plus tax. (904) 241-7776 www.palmsinn.com

-For people who want to go cheap (like REAL cheap) there’s the Salt Air Motel, 425 Atlantic Blvd, Atlantic Beach. (904) 246-6465. This place was probably built around 1940 and I doubt it has ever been renovated or updated. The rooms are small and dark and have an old smell to them. The bathrooms are tiny (but at least they have them). The rooms are noisy because the motel is in the shape of a V and noise funnels in from Atlantic Blvd which is busy day and night. (Pack ear plugs.) You get what you pay for!

Have a nice visit,

Spirit

Ashland City,TN
reviews: 2
3. Re: Im looking for a cheap motel or hotel on jacksonville beach

Thanks Spirit and Vickisfloyd,you both have been helpful.ill try

the priceline site to see what i can come up with and ill go to the

sites that you both mentioned.i knew it was a matter of time before

they tore down the cheap motels and built highrise places.i know

the last time i was there,there was hardly anyone there.this was in

the month of april.hopefully ill find something in that area cheap.

if i wasnt pressed for time and money,id go all out and get a good

hotel.but im just wanting to take a quick trip to florida and spend

2 days on the beach and jacksonville is the area that i like.

thanks, jeff

4. Re: Im looking for a cheap motel or hotel on jacksonville beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:26 am, August 29, 2009