We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gettysburg Ghosts

Which Gettysburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
PA
Gettysburg Ghosts

Going to Gettysburg in October and we're finally going to be staying at the Farnsworth house! We have the Eisenhower Room. We've stayed over in Gettysburg before but I've always wanted to stay there. I've read and seen things about it being Haunted. The "7th Most Haunted Inn" in America". Does anyone who's stayed there have any Ghost stories?

North Huntingdon...
reviews: 61
1. Re: Gettysburg Ghosts

My husband and I stayed at Farnsworth last October in the Shultz room, right next to the Eisenhower, and we also stayed in the Lincoln Room. In the Shultz room, we could not sleep. Only slept lightly about 4 hrs, two hrs at a time in the Shultz room. The room just felt different, as if the air was heavy in there. We did get a photo with a picture of two orbs in it in this room. Also, down in the cellar during the mourning theater presentation, we had an experience where we smelled a horrible, putrid smell that came and went about three times quickly. No one else smelled the smell but us and when we asked the presenter about it, he said that he has noticed that down there at times also and asked us if it smelled like rotting flesh. Not sure what that smells like, but I would imagine that it smelled horrible like what we experienced. When I snapped a photo in the dark towards where we were sitting, I got another photo of a large orb just above where our seats were. Those were the experiences that we had this time and I can't wait to go back. You will notice that once you stay there, you will feel drawn back. It was a great experience! Let me know how your stay goes.

Philadelphia
reviews: 1
2. Re: Gettysburg Ghosts

Be sure to visit the #6 top haunted event in the country, it's a short drive from Gettysburg.

http://www.shocktoberfest.com

3. Re: Gettysburg Ghosts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, August 16, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Gettysburg