We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whats going on?

Which Gettysburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh...
reviews: 12
Whats going on?

Hello! We just booked a King Suite at Days Inn on York Rd for Sept 20-22. Room looked nice in the pictures. Has anyone had any experience with that room?? Also, I keep seeing people say that weekend is going to be very busy. I vent on the visitor center website and I really didn't see major things. Does anyone know exactly whats going on?? We are also driving from Pittsburgh. Any cool things to stop and see on the way? Thanks in advance!!

2 replies to this topic
gettysburg, pa
Destination Expert
for Gettysburg
reviews: 35
1. Re: Whats going on?

I'm not sure what's going on that weekend...checked the college calendar as well and didn't see anything. But autumn weekends are often quite popular with regional tourists.

Coming from Pittsburgh, most map programs recommend getting off the Turnpike at Breezewood and taking 30 across through Chambersburg. We usually prefer to stick with the Turnpike until 997 and then come down through Shippensburg. (30 goes over the mountain, the Turnpike goes under it. Staying on the Turnpike adds some more miles, but we've found it a bit easier.) Whichever way you come, you will pass Caledonia State Park on your way into Gettysburg. This is an interesting park with some Civil War history behind it:

…state.pa.us/stateparks/findapark/caledonia/

Pittsburgh...
reviews: 12
2. Re: Whats going on?

Thanks!

Reply to: Whats going on?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted