We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking in Gettysburg

Which Gettysburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fraser
Parking in Gettysburg

Hi -

Where are the best places to park (for free or a small fee) when exploring town (particularly near the Visitor's Center). Are there any areas that are unsafe to leave your car? Sounds like the city is compact my concern is finding ample, safe parking while visiting shops and tourist attractions.

Thank you!

4 replies to this topic
Gettysburg PA
reviews: 17
1. Re: Parking in Gettysburg

The Visitor's Center is not in town. It's about a mile out from the square. VC has plenty of parking but be prepared to walk to the building. There are several parking lots in town. Parking garage is behind the Majestic Theatre just off the square. Meters are on the main streets, bring lots of quarters. The tourist area is safe; we haven't had any real problems there. Lock your car if you take it to Little Round Top.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
reviews: 36
2. Re: Parking in Gettysburg

And bring a bayonet?

Fraser
3. Re: Parking in Gettysburg

Thanks for the tip and I love to do loads of walking so as long as I know there's a safe place to park my car, I'm all set!

I appreciate the responses - especially about the bayonette for Little Round Top! :-)

Philly Suburbs
reviews: 5
4. Re: Parking in Gettysburg

To walk through town we always park where old visitor's center used to be, which is now the parking lot for the Soldier's Cemetery. It's right off the high water mark and quite convenient to most of town. A few blocks from the Gettysburg hotel, but not a hard walk. And it allows you to absorb all that the town has to offer by way of quaint shops and eateries.

Reply to: Parking in Gettysburg
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted