We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Courtyard by Marriott Gettysburg

Which Gettysburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fraser
Courtyard by Marriott Gettysburg

Hello -

Has anyone stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott Gettysburg and, if so, is it a nice place to stay for a 3-4 nights? I understand it's about 2-2.5 miles outside of the downtown. Is it easy to get to town from the hotel? Any place (other than the hotel) to eat around it or is everything in town?

Any advice you can offer is GREATLY appreciated!

Thank you!

6 replies to this topic
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
reviews: 36
1. Re: Courtyard by Marriott Gettysburg

Very easy to get into town. Don't think there is much within walking distance of Courtyard. Gettysburg is pretty compact. Outside of town is very rural. Other than staying at the Country Suites which is next to the outlets where there is some food, there are not many places outside of the downtown area where you have a concentration of food and places to walk around. But, none of the outskirts hotels are more than 5 minutes away.

York, PA
reviews: 27
2. Re: Courtyard by Marriott Gettysburg

The closed restaurant next door is now Appalachia Brewing Company. There are many chain (mostly fast-food) restaurants further west on Route 30. The nearby Wyndham hotel has an upscale restaurant called 1863 Restaurant and Lounge. I would recommend the Dobbin House Tavern on Steinwehr Avenue, which has several dining rooms.

P.S. The nearby Gateway Theatre shows a movie about Gettysburg. It is "Fields of Freedom" and is especially worth seeing in this 150th anniversary year.

Gettysburg PA
reviews: 18
3. Re: Courtyard by Marriott Gettysburg

You take a left out of the hotel complex and go straight on 30 west toward town. On the way you will pass Wendy's, Ruby Tuesday's, Gettysburg Family Rest., Hoss' and a few others. Closer to town is La Bella Italia.

Fraser
4. Re: Courtyard by Marriott Gettysburg

So appreciate the information about the location of the Courtyard by Marriott Gettysburg in relation to town so I know how to plan. Good to know it doesn't take long to get into downtown from it's location.

Thank you!

Fraser
5. Re: Courtyard by Marriott Gettysburg

Thanks for the tip about the Gateway movie! Definitely is something I'll want to check out! Good to know that there's a nice restaurant close but that food and town aren't very far away.

I really appreciate the advice/information!

Fraser
6. Re: Courtyard by Marriott Gettysburg

I appreciate knowing that there are some "fast food" restaurants not far from the Courtyard by Marriott Gettysburg. It just helps to learn as much about an area as possible when planning a visit! Sounds like everything is very close - only a few minutes/miles away, so this information is wonderful!

Thanks for taking the time to share your response(s)!!

Reply to: Courtyard by Marriott Gettysburg
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted