We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eisenhower Tour - Gettysburg

Which Gettysburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fraser
Level Contributor
19 posts
30 reviews
Eisenhower Tour - Gettysburg

Hello -

Has anyone taken the Eisenhower Tour while visiting Gettysburg and is it enjoyable? Also, is this something that departs from the Visitors Center or do you drive there yourself?

Thanks!

PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
Level Contributor
2,128 posts
122 reviews
1. Re: Eisenhower Tour - Gettysburg

We took the tour about 2 years ago. At that time, you purchased the tickets at the Visitor's Center and rode a shuttle bus from the Visitor's Center to the Eisenhower National Historic Site. I thought it was a very enjoyable tour. When you enter the home, there was a tour guide in the first room who gave a background on the home & farm, then the remainder of the home was a self guided tour as were the grounds surrounding the home. There are also ranger conducted walks throughout the day.

Fraser
Level Contributor
19 posts
30 reviews
2. Re: Eisenhower Tour - Gettysburg

Fantastic information! Thanks for the details on how/where I would go about buying tickets to do this tour. Definitely something I'd be interested in while in Gettysburg for 4-5 days.

I appreciate the feedback!

3. Re: Eisenhower Tour - Gettysburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 03, 2014