We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reputable / Enjoyable Ghost Tour

Which Gettysburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fraser
Reputable / Enjoyable Ghost Tour

I'll be in Gettysburg for about a week in September (2013) and would love to take a reputable/fun ghost tour. Any recommendations? Also, what are some of the "don't miss" attractions I should make sure I schedule? I've already reserved a battlefield guide.....

Thank you!

7 replies to this topic
Laval, Canada
reviews: 39
1. Re: Reputable / Enjoyable Ghost Tour

Mark Nesbitt's Ghosts of Gettysburg is a must. They have different tours. Tried three of them so far and had fun.

Farnsworth is also fun and goes inside the old house for stories.

For something a bit different, try Grave Digger Tours and ask for Tom.

Fraser
2. Re: Reputable / Enjoyable Ghost Tour

Thanks so much for the recommendations! It helps to get opinions from people in the know. I appreciate you taking time to respond.

Denver, Colorado
3. Re: Reputable / Enjoyable Ghost Tour

I'm interested in the post regarding the Gravedigger Tour. Can you, or anyone else with first-hand experience, give me any more specific details about the Gravedigger Tour, positive or negative?

Thanks in advance!

PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
reviews: 76
4. Re: Reputable / Enjoyable Ghost Tour

I recommend the Eisenhower National Historic Site as one of the must do's but often overlooked attractions in Gettysburg. You purchase the tickets at the Gettysburg National Park Visitor's Center and must take a shuttle bus from there to the Eisenhower site. I think it's a nice break from all things Civil War related.

http://www.nps.gov/eise/index.htm

Laval, Canada
reviews: 39
5. Re: Reputable / Enjoyable Ghost Tour

First of all, know that Tom played Kemper's aid in the movie Gettysburg. That gives him different stories to tell. He'll take you down dark alleys and tell you stuff the "ghost story tellers" don't talk about. He'll show you original pictures and explain them. He'll perform an amputation for you. Not the usual stuff... Goes a little deeper. You'll learn about the Lousiana Tigers fighting and killing their own men because they were drunk and bored... Worth trying!

Washington DC...
6. Re: Reputable / Enjoyable Ghost Tour

Hello d211757 -

You make the tour from your comment sound good, but I don't understand who or what "Tom" is. Which tour are you mentioning? How can I get into a tour with this "Tom" you speak of?

Edited: 7:58 pm, August 16, 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
reviews: 36
7. Re: Reputable / Enjoyable Ghost Tour

Read post 1

Reply to: Reputable / Enjoyable Ghost Tour
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted