We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trips to Baltimore or New York City

Which Gettysburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Las Vegas
reviews: 34
Trips to Baltimore or New York City

Could anyone tell me if there are any day trips (by bus) from Gettysburg to either Baltimore or New York City? I have been searching the internet, but all that comes up are the Gettysburg battlefield tours. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Central PA
Destination Expert
for Gettysburg
reviews: 53
1. Re: Trips to Baltimore or New York City

That's a tough one...

Nothing regular, there are a couple of options.

Wolf bus lines does run tours, they are based near Gettysburg.

http://www.wolfsbus.com/

You'd need to get to the Amtrak station in Harrisburg to catch the train to NYC. There is a commuter bus line that runs M-F from Gettysburg to Harrisburg at set times. rabbittransit.org/Schedules/rabbitEXPRESS.as…

There's also Megabus from Harrisburg

http://us.megabus.com/

Las Vegas
2. Re: Trips to Baltimore or New York City

Thanks, I'll check into them.

Central PA
Destination Expert
for Gettysburg
3. Re: Trips to Baltimore or New York City

Are you planning on renting a car? Public transport is slim to none.

Las Vegas
4. Re: Trips to Baltimore or New York City

Yes, we're renting a car. We'll drive if we have to, but it's the "strange city" thing, so we were hoping there was public transportation or tours into Baltimore and New York City. If not, we'll figure it out. I appreciate your help. Thank you.

Central PA
Destination Expert
for Gettysburg
5. Re: Trips to Baltimore or New York City

Yeah, public transport outside the major cities is few and far between. Especially in PA !

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
reviews: 241
6. Re: Trips to Baltimore or New York City

Drives to Baltimore & New York are pretty easy from Gettysburg, With Baltimore being much easier, since it is closer!...There are a few different ways to travel by car to NYC, via Interstate/turnpike roads which are safe, and well marked, so not to worry! Enjoy your Trip!

Las Vegas
7. Re: Trips to Baltimore or New York City

Thanks so much everyone! We'll just get maps from AAA and our GPS and off we'll go. You've been great.

8. Re: Trips to Baltimore or New York City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, February 16, 2014