We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gettysburg in April

Which Gettysburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Gettysburg in April

My family is planning in visiting in the beginning of April this year. We have visited before and just love the area. Wondering if stores and attractions are operating that early in the year? Also plan to stay at the gettystown inn (Dobbin house) but don't see any reviews here?

Hanover, Pa
reviews: 28
1. Re: Gettysburg in April

Things will be open in April, you'll be fine. I never stayed at the Dobbin house so cant help you there.

Deer Park, Texas
reviews: 68
2. Re: Gettysburg in April

I have stayed at the Dobbin House (Gettystown B and B) many times over the years when we have visited Gettysburg. I would highly recommend this place for your visit. There are several historic homes offered with bed and breakfast rooms, I have stayed in alot of them, all are clean well appointed rooms or suites. Breakfast is served in the pre-Civil War era stone house and is a great hot meal served in historic atmosphere with nice soft background music. You can walk just about everywhere in town as Gettysburg is very walkable with historic museums, shops, restaurants, East Cemetery Hill, Soldiers National Cemetery, all within walk distance of the Dobbin. Also across the street is a Victorian photo studio. It's fun to have your group dressed in Civil War era like clothes and have your picture taken. Check out dobbinhouse.com.

3. Re: Gettysburg in April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 12, 2014